Dead Body Hunting

"We're seriously doing this?" Scott asked as we tread through the woods. I never liked it in the woods, it has this weird, eerily creepy vibe to it. Plus I was freezing my ass off with the only warm thing I'm wearing being my jacket.

"You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town," as always Stiles has his witty reply.

"I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow."

"Right, 'cause sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort."

I slapped him upside the head. "Might I remind you that you sit right next to him." He just laughed under his breath and continued walking.

"Because I'm playing this year. In fact, I'm making first line." Scott said, seeming unaffected by the comment.

"Hey, that's the spirit," laughed Stiles. "Everyone should have a dream, even a pathetically unrealistic one." I tried to stifle my laugh, but let out a snort causing Scott to glare at the both of us.

"Just out of curiosity, which half of the body are we looking for?" Scott asked, changing the topic.

"Huh! I didn't even think about that." Stiles answered.

"And, uh, what if whoever killed the body is still out here?" You could tell by the tone in his voice that he was scared. 

"Also something I did not think about."

"It's comforting to know you've planned this out with your usual attention to detail," I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"I know" was Stiles' reply. You could tell he was excited because he was hopping up this hill like an idiot waving the flashlight around like a spaz. I couldn't even see where I was going and I'm pretty sure I ran into Scott twice. I noticed Scott stopped by a tree and take a hit from his inhaler.

"Hey, maybe the severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flashlight." Scott tried to reason with him.

As usual Stiles pays no attention to us and keeps walking. He suddenly stops causing me to run into him. Again. "Sorry" I mumble.

We were taken off guard when Stiles all of a sudden decided to tackle us to the ground. 

"What are you doing?" I whisper shout at him. He just "shushed" me in reply. Rude.

I look up ahead to see officers with flashlights looking around. "Now I'm really starting to regret my decision" I groan.

"Come on" he then took off before we could say or do anything.

I ran after him and I could tell Scott was trying to keep up but was having trouble because it was pitch black and he was running out of breath.

" Guys! Wait up! Skylar! Stiles!" 

 I soon found myself on the ground next to Stiles with a police dog barking in my face.

"Hang on. Hang on. This little delinquent belongs to me" I heard a voice say. I look up to see Mr. Stilinski who just so happens to be the sheriff of Beacon Hills standing above us. "Why do you always bring this sweet girl into your little adventures?" 

"Hey Mr Stilinski," I waved awkwardly and he just shook his head.

"Stiles, do you, uh, always listen in to all of my phone calls?" he questioned his son.

"No! heh. Not the boring ones." He mumbled the last bit under his breath.

"Now, where's your usual partner in crime?" Sheriff Stilinski asked. 

"Who, Scott? Sc - Scott's home." Stiles is the worst liar I have ever met. He couldn't lie to save his life.

"Yeh, he said he wanted to get a good night's sleep for first day back at school tomorrow." I said trying to go along with his awful lie and make it believable.

"It's just me. And Skyler. In the woods." Oh my god Stiles stop talking. I had it.

The Sheriff, seeming to not believe his son, shone his flashlight around calling Scott's name. My breath hitched when I saw a piece of red clothing flash behind a tree hoping the Sheriff didn't notice it, which thankfully he didn't seem to.

"Well, young man, I'm gonna walk you back to your car. You're gonna take Skyler home. And then you and I are gonna have a little conversation about something called 'invasion of privacy'." 

Stiles nodded but was still dragged off by the ear with me trailing behind them. I looked back to the tree where Scott was hiding and couldn't help but feel worried.

Oh, I hope he's okay.