Kazegake Rescue Mission [2]

On their way towards the Sand Village, the team came across Temari. Right away, they delivered the bad news. Temari then tagged along, in hope for the best for her brother.

Naruto was frantic, not being able to imagine the thought of Gaara being in the same danger as him but all alone. He's not entirely wrong however, Jinchūriki are merely an artifact in the eyes of the Akatsuki. In their eyes, Takashi is also just a key, maybe a hindrance if their goals truly never met a middle ground. 

The group that saved him when he was a child, saved him for a worse fate than death. This is rather hard to stomach, but with everything he has learn so far, it simply is the truth. Takashi possess something that the Akatsuki desire, but it is not clear as to what exactly it is that they desire. 

At long last however, the team arrived and was immediately guided towards the Sand Village's hospital, where Kankuro is reportedly attacked in his attempt to get back Gaara. The team was told that Kankuro is currently suffering from a lethal toxin damage, the toxin being newly invented making it rather impossible for Kankuro to fight back. 

Takashi was almost pounced on the spot by a grandmother, but was shielded by Naruto. He was mistaken for his grandfather, White Fang of the Leaf Village, who had killed her son at the previous war between the nations. It was rather comedic and tragic, but Takashi took no offence to her strike and insist for them to treated Kankuro immediately. 

"Sakura, let's take a look." Takashi put his focus on Kankuro. 

"Kakashi Sensei and the rest of you, please stand back a bit." Sakura pleaded for more sterile place to work with. 

"Got it." Naruto and the other began to leave. 

"Seems like a heavy metal-base toxin, it's the type that acts upon the muscles to destroy the cells. I can combat this with my Ninjutsu while you extracted the toxin." Takashi observes as Sakura diligently noted on Kankuro's vital. 

"You can't miss a single a point, but I understand, it's the best treatment on the fly." Sakura looks at Takashi as he prepare himself. 

"Just from that brief examination. . ." The other physician was amazed. 

"You're the best at extracting toxins, and I'm best when it comes to cells reconstruction, we got this on the bag if we work together." Takashi assure as both then began to work. 

"Of course, we didn't train for nothing. His medical record please." Sakura nod at Takashi and asked. 

"Here, this is the list of toxic ingredients. There are blank spaces here and there, but. . ." The Sand physician gave said records. 

"Antidote is easy matter for us, but for now, we need to free him from the toxins." Takashi insist.

"I'm ready when you are." Sakura took one glance at the records before she put them down and prepared her hands above Kankuro's heart. 

"On my lead." Takashi began to perform his kekkei genkai, the Life Release: Cells Regeneration to mend each and every cells within Kankuro's body. 

Following his lead was Sakura who focused on extracting said toxins from Kankuro's beating heart throughout the entire procedures. Both had moments where they struggle, and Kankuro often wrangle in pain where he laid. But for every minute pass, Kankuro seems to be recovering. Naruto watch as both Takashi and Sakura showcase a different strength, to which is to heals.