chapter 10: quite the romantic.

december.
bey.

My husband was looking for me, had been looking for me all night long. He'd been calling and his ringtone had been ringing, setting a fire inside Oni. I wanted to turn it off or something, but every time she heard Tone Stith's sultry voice singing, I knew I was in store for more orgasms than I could handle. She was jealous of him and she showed it every time she touched me.

Even the way she held me told me so.

She was wrapped around me tight, her legs tangled around mine like vines while she snored lightly in my ear. I pulled her arm over my waist and webbed our fingers together, hers instantly curled around mine.

"You're not asleep," I exposed her.

"Shh."

"You're gonna be late for work."

"I'm the boss."

"You're not gonna like what else I have to say."

She sucked her teeth before leaving a kiss on my neck, "He gets to have you daily, nightly, whenever he wants. That luxury does not belong to me. Be fair. Let me have my time."

I relaxed entirely, stopped worrying about Samora. She was right. I saw him every day and we had just gotten into an argument that he had not apologized for. I would see him when I got home.

Eventually we would have to move. She would have to go to work and so would I, but right now, with her body wrapped around me and her breath along my neck, nothing else mattered but us. I felt like I could do this, like I could be her woman and water her plants and lay up with her all day long. I could let her make the money and I'd spend it and she would scold me for doing so and I would invite her between my thighs because she was so sexy when she was angry. I was envisioning our future together, knowing it was all futile.

But a girl could dream.

After minutes of silence and her light snoring, I felt her hands caressing my skin, pulling me back against her. I reached behind to hold her cheek, breathing her in. It felt like she wanted to be inside my skin and I wasn't complaining.

"I wanna see you, in my office, at noon. Don't be late, I know you have a problem with that."

I sucked my teeth. She wanted to pick with me this early in the morning. She never stopped.

"Do I have a choice?"

"You do not. I'm taking you somewhere."

"Do I need to clear my schedule?"

"As a matter of fact, yes. I'd enjoy that."

"I was joking."

"I was not. Clear it."

"I will."

"Thank you," She rolled me over onto my back and crawled on top of me. "Can I thank you?" She kissed my forehead then came for my lips and my legs opened for her voluntarily, the fire inside me only being able to be put out by her. And even then I thought this fire would never die.

"For what?"

"For not arguing with me," She kissed my neck and my collarbone then down to my breasts. She nipped at my skin down to my navel, her tongue taking up space there, my pelvic floor jumping at the feeling.

"This is what I get for not arguing?"

She lowered herself beneath her comforter before she raised my legs and I felt her tongue licking me gently. I let my head fall back against her pillows and raised my leg onto her shoulder, spreading the other just as she took her fingers, spreading my lips. She was done talking.