Chapter 7, Milkshake

"𝐃𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐬, 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧

𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐭"

The past few days of filming had been tense to say the absolute least. Walking past Bella without having the possibility of looking the other day, had become unbearable. The fact that their smile was still the exact same as it was when the two of you were - well, something - hurt more than you could ever imagine.

When the end of a long day of shooting arrived, you wanted nothing more but a moment of peace, all by yourself. Staring at a person you had spent so long just admiring, felt like the most impossible thing to do, but once the camera's started rolling, nothing mattered anymore.

It was the several short breaks the entire team took throughout the day that made it difficult for you to get through it all. There was no way around the forced interaction with Bella during those intervals, and so you continued to suffer internally, no sign of struggle detectible on your face.

By deceiving Bella into thinking you were okay with it all, you were secretly hoping to scare them off, and you wished for that to lead into them ignoring you, or at least lowering the amount of contact the two of you were having. It still felt forced, and you swore you could notice the awkward and uncomfortable feelings they were radiating.

After grabbing your belongings, you were more than ready to head to your car. It was an outdated and cheap thing, but you adored it for what it was. You were about to open the door to the small vehicle, when you were disrupted by someone shouting your name, causing for you to groan before turning around to face the brunette.

A part of you had figured something like this would happen right before the start of a long awaited free day, but it still felt annoying. "What?" You tried to sound as neutral as you could, miserably failing by the look on Bella's face.

You rubbed your eyelids, pretending to be overly tired, which you were, but you were never the type of person to complain about that sort of thing at all. "I was wondering if you wanted to grab a drink? You know, since it's the end of the first week and all that." Their eyes traveled anywhere but to your face, the expression on their face showing you how nervous they were.

After letting out a small sigh, and silently debating the suggestion in your head for a couple of seconds, you answered them. "Look-" You were ready to make up an excuse, when Bella interrupted you, not wanting to hear any of the fake reasons. 

"It's just a drink. I just want things to feel a little less-" They searched for the right word, a small frown appearing on their face while they used their arms to try and explain what they were trying to say. "Awkward. I know you said we were fine, and that you didn't want to bring up the past, but you're still acting distant towards me, I just want  us to be friends again, nothing more." The brunette tilted their head, a pleading look on their face as they made eye contact.