2

« maybe I need a medicine or a drink or two »

IN THE PRESENT

I woke up sweating. Like, really sweating. My face was burning and my heart was racing. It happened again. This bad dream. I know these are currents at camp but I hated when it happened.

I jumped out of my bed and put on some clean clothes.

After that I decided to go to breakfast. I sat alone waiting for one of my friends to join me. Nobody came. I mean I couldn't blame them they were probably busy.

I then felt the need to go check on Grover. Yesterday night I was to tired to go check on him but since he wasn't at the infirmary I figured he was doing well.

I entered the little farming area where Grover usually go to take care of Pégase.

He was standing here, patiently and carefully taking care of Pégase. He didn't see me. So I yelled his name and ran to him.

« OMGG GROVER YOU'RE BACK ! »

« OMGG KLEA ! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH »

I hugged him tight. I couldn't let go, I didn't want to let go. I missed him so much. Grover is truly one of the rare persons to truly care about me and my feelings. He was always there to help me, protect me and support me through everything. He was the only one taking care of me when my mother yelled at me multiple times and when I overheard that she wasn't proud of me and that, as her only child, I was a failure to her eyes and didn't deserve my spot here.

It was a rough time but despite everything I knew Grover would be there to help me. And I loved him for that.

After talking for a few minutes, he took me to the infirmary to show me something that he thought I didn't see.

When we arrived at the infirmary, we went to the room were Percy was resting. He was sleeping, or at least I thought he was. We entered the room thinking mister minautor killer wouldn't hear us.

« Look, this is a minautor corn »

« Yeah I know Grov. I came to see Lacy here a few minutes after Percy was admitted here. Did he really kill it ? I mean, well. »

« What ? »

« Well he is like a fresh demi-god. He wasn't prepare. »

« That's what I thought too at first when he told me he wanted to fight for his mother. But he really killed it Klea. He is not a simple demi-god if you want my opinion. »

« Wait, why he wanted to fight for his mother ? »

« His mom took us to camp. She was there when the minautor attacked us. She, well, disappeared. But it was weird. The minautor turned her into some dust. That's not normal. »

« Oh no the poor kid... It must be horrible for him right now... don't worry I will tell Clarisse to not bother him and letting him some time. »

« Thank you so much Klea ! I don't want him to feel bad on his first day. »

« Yeah that's totally understandable. Well, it was amazing to see you again Grov ! I am gonna let you take care of kiddo. See you tonight at dinner. »

« yes ! Bye Klea »

I went back to my cabin to change into comfy clothes. After a few hours just chilling and reading, Chiron came to my cabin and asked me to come to his office.

« Klea, I think you heard about the new kid we are welcoming to camp. »

« Oh yeah the minautor killer ? I saw him yesterday. »

« Yes. Well, I wanted to ask you to show him around camp. He is awake and in a good state. He his talking with Grover in the infirmary. You can go there and don't worry I told Grover you had to show him around. »

« Oh hum yes sure I am going. »

I didn't want to do that. Why me ? I mean does he really want a failing witch to show him around ? I am sure if he knew me, he would say no. And even though I know we won't be friends, because let's face it, it was already difficult for me to have the few friends that I have, I can't make another friend. It would be like social suicide for him. I am not the most appreciated girl at camp. Let's say that sometimes my powers become out of control and lead to some, consequences. As much as I wanted to be liked by everyone, I wasn't. So having new friends was difficult for me. Hopefully I have Clarisse who is like my personal guard, always protecting me from other campers. I loved my friends, and realized that no matter the amount of friends you have, it's the quality that matters.

I arrived at the infirmary. I made my way into Percy's room where Grover was sitting on a chair while Percy was resting on his bed, a tired look on his face. When they heard me, his eyes locked right into mine. An unbreakable eye contact.

Grover broke this horrible silence by asking me what I was doing here.

« Chiron asked me to come here. I have to show around camp to the new kid. »

« Oh yes I forgot about that ! Well Percy meet Klea. She is my best friend. She's a witch, the only daughter of Hecate at camp. »

« oh hi. It's nice to- hum- meet you, he said with a nervous look on his face »

« Nice to meet you too Percy. Well, if could follow me. I will explain you everything you need to go and if you have questions I'm here to answer them. »

Why was I so nervous ? Why was he making me feel this way ? It probably was because of this unstoppable eye contact. Well, I need to focus now omh.

YAYYYY ! CAN'T WAIT TO WRITE NEXR CHAPTER !! WE WILL FINALLY HAVE PERCY AND KLEA'S FIRST INTERACTION OMG

TikTok : lilswiftz
lilspzxq
Insta : linasswift