"Love in the Midnight Hours"

Y/N sat at her desk, surrounded by a sea of papers and a laptop glowing in the dim light of their room. Stress lines etched onto her forehead as she furiously typed away, trying to keep up with the mountain of work that seemed to grow taller with each passing hour.

Suddenly, Sana appeared in the doorway, her presence bringing a momentary pause to Y/N's frantic typing. Sana's soft footsteps approached, and before Y/N could react, Sana wrapped her arms around Y/N's neck from behind, planting a gentle kiss on the top of Y/N's head.

"Hey, babe," Sana murmured, her voice a soothing melody in the chaos of Y/N's mind.

Y/N tensed slightly at the interruption. "I'm working, Sana," her voice tinged with frustration.

Sana nodded understandingly. "I know, sweetheart," she replied softly. "But dinner's ready, and I thought you might want a break."

Y/N sighed, torn between the urge to keep working and the longing for a moment of respite with Sana. "Thank you, Sana, but I really need to finish this," she said apologetically.

Sana's eyes softened with empathy as she withdrew her arms from around Y/N's neck. "Okay, I understand," she said, trying to hide the disappointment in her voice. "I'll leave you to it then."

As the hours passed and the clock struck midnight, Y/N remained glued to her work, unaware of the time slipping away. But Sana hadn't forgotten about Y/N. Quietly, she made her way upstairs, determined to make sure Y/N didn't skip a meal.

"Y/N, it's late," Sana said gently, standing in the doorway of their room. "You need to eat something."

Y/N glanced up from her work, exhaustion evident in their eyes. "I'm fine, Sana," she insisted, her tone strained.

But Sana refused to back down, knowing how important it was for Y/N to take care of herself. "You can't keep pushing yourself like this," she said firmly, her voice tinged with concern.

Y/N's frustration boiled over, and raised her voice in exasperation. "I said I'm fine, Sana!" they snapped, instantly regretting their harsh words as she saw the hurt in Sana's eyes.

Sana nodded silently, her heart heavy with the weight of Y/N's stress. Without another word, she left the room, giving Y/N the space she seemed to need.

Hours later, as Y/N finally finished her work and descended the stairs, she found Sana asleep on the couch, the soft glow of the TV casting shadows across her peaceful face.

Guilt washed over Y/N as she watched Sana sleeping soundly, unaware of the turmoil raging within Y/N's mind. Quietly, Y/N approached and brushed a gentle kiss against Sana's forehead, causing her to stir awake.

"Hey, sleepyhead," Y/N whispered, her voice filled with remorse.

Sana blinked sleepily, her gaze meeting Y/N's with a mixture of love and concern. "Did you eat?" she asked softly.

Y/N shook her head, feeling a lump form in her throat at Sana's unwavering kindness. "No, I didn't," she admitted quietly, realizing how lucky she were to have Sana by their side.

Sana reached out and took Y/N's hand, squeezing it gently. "It's okay, love," she said soothingly. "I understand."

Together, they made their way to the kitchen, where Sana insisted on taking care of Y/N, heating up the food and serving it with a tenderness that melted away the last of Y/N's stress.

As Y/N sat at the counter, watching Sana move about the kitchen with a grace that never failed to amaze them, she felt a wave of gratitude wash over them. In that moment, surrounded by the warmth of Sana's love, Y/N knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would always have each other.