Start of the protest

Hello! Welcome to me creating an official Wattpad 'Project 2025' protest!

I always hated stuff going on, but this shit going on is crossing the line!

let me just note, that we're also tagging a bunch of people, some may be just random. don't feel forced, this is just something we thought we would group together because this is effecting many people.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Project 2025, also known as the Presidential Transition Project, is a collection of policy proposals to fundamentally reshape the U.S. federal government in the event of a Republican victory in the 2024 U.S. presidential election.

So if the Republicans win (at the moment its if Trump wins), this is told to be put into action.

Things the Project 2025 can result in:

(quoted from an article (Wikipedia) giving info on the Project)

- The Project seeks to infuse the government with elements of Christianity. Project 2025 proposes criminalizing pornography, removing protections against discrimination based on sexual or gender identity, and terminating diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) programs, as well as affirmative action.

- a path for the United States to become an autocracy. (Autocracy is a system of government in which absolute power is held by the ruler, known as an autocrat, The autocrat has total control over the exercise of civil liberties within the autocracy)

(Next info is from PBS News, an interview):

William Brangham:On the campaign trail, Trump has been talking about what he plans to do if elected in November, and that includes rolling back the rights of millions of LGBTQ people.It's part of a wider playbook to undo many modern civil rights advances for minority groups.White House correspondent Laura Barron-Lopez has been following this, and she joins us now.Hi.Laura Barron-Lopez:Hi.William Brangham:So, on LGBTQ rights, what has Trump said he wants to do?Laura Barron-Lopez:Since launching his campaign, former President Donald Trump has targeted LGBTQ people, transgender people. He's attacked gender-affirming care for minors, as well as their ability to play in sports.And he says that he plans quick action if elected.Donald Trump , Former President of the United States (R) and Current U.S. Presidential Candidate: On day one, I will sign a new executive order to cut federal funding for any school pushing Critical Race Theory, transgender insanity, and other inappropriate racial, sexual, or political content onto our children.(Cheering and applause)

continues:

"Specifically on restricting LGBTQ rights, what that details is reinstating a transgender military ban, limiting LGBTQ workplace discrimination protections. Currently, under the law, sexual orientation, and gender identity are protected. It would rescind health care protections for transgender people and urge Congress to define gender as male and female, fixed at birth."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT MORE IS THERE TO SAY

The Project 2025 is planning all these things, the moment if Trump is Elected. Im making this protest because I refuse to sit and do nothing. 

So please, I want to find as much people as possible, knowing Im not alone. With my aunt and uncle (those who have guardianship over me, long story) being homophobic, my ability to help out front is limited. But i will be doing as much as I can in secret. At the moment, i just put up a paper that says "Down with Project 2025"