13. Chapter Thirteen

A/N: A shorter-than-usual and not-so-friendly chapter ahead. Happy reading. I tried not to leave it at a cliffhanger for your precious sake.

****

As they gathered around the table, awaiting their meal, Jimin leaned in and quietly confided in Jin, expressing admiration for Taehyung's striking appearance. "Taehyung is so handsome. He's a lot different than I had imagined. What has it been like living with him?"

Recognizing his Alpha's keen perceptiveness, Jin discreetly adjusted his position by moving closer to his brother, ensuring Taehyung wouldn't overhear their conversation. He turned his head purposefully, directing his attention towards Jimin. "It's been an adjustment," he admitted. I am still learning a lot, but I think I am right where I am supposed to be."

"Really? Do you consider him your Alpha, or do you feel something is missing? I know this was all strange for you, and I still haven't forgiven myself for how things happened—"

"Jimin, there is nothing for you to be worried about, and yes, I think of him as my Alpha. I meant it when I said that earlier. He is a lot different than who I had imagined being my future Alpha. As you heard earlier, it's true that I had a past with someone who I thought would be my Alpha," Jin said quietly. "However, even though it didn't turn out as I had imagined, I really feel deep within that this is where I was meant to be. How about you? How have things been with your Alpha? I didn't know he and Taehyung were related."

Jimin let out a breath of relief, "thank goodness you feel that way. It probably hasn't been easy, but at least you think of him as your Alpha, which makes me feel good. I can easily see why you would do that, too. He is very different from what I was told. Or maybe he is showing his good side today." Jimin took a brief pause, carefully studying Jin's reaction to his words. Not noticing anything out of the ordinary, he decided to continue speaking.

"I am relieved that I don't have to worry about you. It brings me happiness. Concerning my relationship with Jungkook, it has been good. Also, I didn't know they were related until much later, so it was a surprise to me, too."

Jin could sense from the expression in his brother's eyes that there was an unspoken truth lingering behind his silence, a serious matter that he seemed hesitant to share. His familiarity with Jimin allowed him to feel when something important was preoccupying his thoughts.

Realizing Jimin's silence, Jin decided to steer the conversation in a different direction. "I assume it's a good thing that they are related. It will likely lead to us spending more time together." He couldn't help but feel hopeful about the connection between Taehyung and Jungkook, seeing the potential benefits for both himself and his brother.

Jimin flashed a tight-lipped smile and nodded, "Yeah, I guess that's true. So, tell me, what do you do here? What's a typical day like for you? Does he have you working and stuff?"

"I keep busy throughout the day, mostly by spending time in the courtyards, taking walks, reading, and relaxing in one of my favorite gardens. Taehyung prefers that I don't do too much and won't let me wash my clothes or do any chores. I try to find other ways to fill my day. It's not too bad, though, because everyone here has been kind and helpful."

Jimin was taken aback, his eyes widening as he looked at Jin. "Doesn't he make you do any chores or anything?"

"No, it's similar to our time in the kingdom where we had staff, but the structure is much stricter here. Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be allowed to touch or do anything. Is it the same for you? I bet it is. You were never the one to do chores." Jin chuckled as he reminisced about the past with his brother and Jimin's dislike of even throwing out the trash. Jimin represented the ideal model of a prince, a quality that stemmed from his upbringing, which Jin understood well.