14. Chapter Fourteen

A/N: You, Taejin readers, are going through it. Too bad y'all didn't choose that blind date plot; at least you'd have a little humor to help you get through all these ongoing ones.

*****

"What happened?!" Taehyung's voice roared as he grasped Jimin's arms, pressing him against the wall.

Jimin, already in tears, sobbed even harder, feeling defenseless against the enraged Alpha berating him. "I-I don't know... He was okay one moment, and then he just collapsed," He stammered, his voice trembling as he spoke to Taehyung.

Namjoon placed a calming hand on Taehyung's shoulder, pleading, "Taehyung, please calm down." Unexpectedly, Taehyung spun around, gripping Namjoon's arm and swiftly flipping him onto his back. "Don't tell me to calm down! Would you be calm if it were Hoseok?" Taehyung's voice trembled with anger as he seized Namjoon by the shirt, lifting him up and forcefully pinning him against the wall, similar to how he had earlier cornered Jimin.

As Taehyung held Namjoon, their intense stares locked. With a menacing undertone, he uttered, "I know you think I'm crazy now, but trust me, you haven't seen crazy. So stop before I make Hoseok a single parent."

"I get it, you're really angry, and it's totally justified. But right now, as an Alpha, you should be at your Omega's side. I will get to the bottom of what happened today. That's why you have me here. Let me do my job," Namjoon said, looking Taehyung squarely in the eyes, his tone unwavering.

Releasing his grip on Namjoon, Taehyung stepped back; his eyes remained filled with anger as he directed a piercing glare toward Jimin. A sudden and forceful blow, which he could have easily dodged, struck his face, causing him to stagger backward.

Jimin, who witnessed the altercation, widened his eyes and let out a shocked gasp. "Don't you ever threaten me with some shit like that again!" Namjoon exclaimed angrily after landing the punch on Taehyung's face.

Taehyung wiped the blood from the corner of his lips with a smirk before turning to lock eyes with Namjoon. With a quizzical expression and a raised eyebrow, he retorted, "That was a cheap shot. Care to take another swing?"

Meanwhile, Jimin, still in the room, slowly edged closer to the door, eager to put some distance between himself and them.

"Taehyung, you are out of control right now, and that's not...please go to Seokjin; I am sure he is awake and needs you."

"No, finish your sentence," Taehyung declared, his eyes flashing with intensity. "I am out of control right now, and that's not how a king is supposed to be, is that it?" he added, stepping closer to Namjoon. "If you or anyone else thinks I am not fit to be the king, come and take the crown. I dare you! You also have the choice to leave. No one is being held here against their will."

Inching closer to the door, Jimin asked, "Does that mean I can leave?" However, his question seemed unheard, as neither Alphas even glanced in his direction. This made him ponder the absence of his own Alpha during this unsettling situation.

"I didn't intend to say that. You are our king for a reason. Nobody in this kingdom desires to take the crown from you, and you're well aware of that. However, if you continue to display such arrogance, you will surely lose it. I'm done here. I have a job to do if you'll allow it." Namjoon pushed past Taehyung and walked out of the room without hesitation.

Taehyung let out a chuckle, but as he turned around and laid eyes on Jimin, his smile quickly vanished. "Why are you still here?" he asked, sounding both surprised and puzzled.

"Um, I... I am leaving," Jimin stammered, his heart pounding as he rushed out of the room. He didn't know where he was headed, but he was relieved to put as much distance between himself and that room as possible. Jungkook's earlier warning about Taehyung suddenly made sense. The man was intimidating, far beyond anyone he had encountered, and he had encountered many unsettling things since becoming involved with Jungkook.