Chapter 158

The duo entered the sixth formation.

There are no monsters or beasts in the formation, only a forest of pagodas and the graves of more than a hundred monks.

Most of the pagodas have been in ruins for more than a thousand years and have been left untended.

It appears to be deserted and untouched, with long-eared grey hares flickering through the knee-deep weeds.

No one told them what they should do now to get through.

Duan Shujue first tried his luck and told Yan Jinhua that there was no sign of a formation here, and that the pagodas were simply arranged in accordance with Buddhist principles, and that there was a vague Buddhist aura in them, so they did not seem to have been deliberately set up to trap them.

After weaving their way through the towers and forests, they found themselves at a standstill, realising that the way they had come had disappeared, and that the way out was nowhere in sight.

Yan Jinhua, with his limited abilities and the loss of his precious pearl, could not afford to use the few progress points he had left, so he had to go through the book and try to find the solution to level 6 from the original Wen.

This journey to break the barrier and get the sword, he probably saw the third barrier and didn't look at it in detail.

Because the author's descriptions were so detailed, he had no idea what he was trying to do with such a long-winded story, so he skipped to the third scene and went straight to the final scene where the protagonist won the sword and beat up the crowd.

Later, he was counting on the dividends of eating the pearl of the fixed sea and planned to take a shortcut, jumping straight from the first to the last formation, so he didn't go through the books before coming.

But he'd only turned two pages when he almost cursed off his tongue.

...... How come the first and second formations written in the book are completely different from the ones they've met along the way?

The first formation was the Sword and Wind Formation, but the second formation was some bullshit White Bone Mountain?

This random 3,000 worlds setting is rubbish!

Yan Jinhua was impatient, but his brain was flexible enough to come up with another plan when one failed.

He said to Chi Xiaochi, "Shu Jie, let's split up and find them, it'll be quicker too."

At least he had read the original plot, and if not, he could turn to the system and ask it to give him a golden finger, which was better than Duan Shujue, a bureaucrat, in any case.

As usual, Duan Shujue did not refuse his request: "Yes."

Yan Jinhua was in no hurry to walk away, but waved at him, "Shu Jie, come here."

Duan Shujue approaches obediently.

Yan Jinhua untied his sash and draped the clothes he had just washed with his jutsu over Duan Shujue's shoulders.

Duan Shujue was stunned, his cheeks slightly flushed, his clear eyes filled with doubt: "Brother Yan ......"

Yan Jinhua said, "You've just been injured. Although you have recovered, you should be careful not to get winded. My clothes are thicker and I have just washed them, so they are just right for you."

Duan Shujue said in all seriousness, "No. It's late, and it's cold here, so Brother Yan will catch a cold."

At this, Yan Jinhua said in a joking tone, "Let's change clothes, you give me yours and you can have mine."