Chapter 265 - A Perfect New World (29)

Whirling around, he threw his packed book bag over his shoulder.

He said to his deskmate, “I’m not coming to school tomorrow.”

His classmate is going to stay in class tonight and finish his homework before he goes home. As he checks the assignments on the board and draws in his exercise book, he looks at Chi Xiaochi with a sidelong glance: “Wow, you’re not so bad. You finally realised that you have more of a future as a model than a student?”

Chi Xiaochi got out of his seat and laughed, “Don’t say it, it’s quite promising.”

The tablemate had a vague feeling that something wasn’t quite right: “Are you serious? You’re really not coming?”

Chi Xiaochi: “I’m not feeling well, so I’m taking a day off.”

His tablemate grabbed something from the belly of the table and threw it at Chi Xiaochi: “Fuck, I’m scared to death.”

He doesn’t blame my tablemates for misunderstanding. This morning, a girl in the next class announced that she was dropping out of school because of her family’s circumstances, and they had been talking about it for a while.

Chi Xiaochi catches something thrown by her tablemate, a large packet of shrimp sticks.

His tablemate said, “I ate yours before the holidays. When I went to the kiosk today, I saw it, so I bought a packet and gave it back to you. It’s not hard to borrow and return.”

Chi Xiaochi winked at him tartly, “Thanks.”

Chi Xiaochi also tried to dodge the pencil case, but nearly kicked over a bucket belonging to the student on duty.

Despite the fact that all the splashes basically landed on Chi Xiaochi’s trouser legs and shoes, the girls on duty were still shouting, “…… Chi Xiaochi what are you doing!”

The same tablemate cries out in a girl’s voice: “Chi Xiaochi, what are you doing!”

With this fuss, he managed to distract the fire for Chi Xiaochi, and the girls darted over to choke him.

Chi Xiaochi took the opportunity to pull away, stopping at the classroom door and turning back to greet him, “See you the day after tomorrow!”

The tablemate was in deep water and had no time to be distracted, only to reach out to him in his busy schedule, not knowing if it was a plea for help or a gesture to say goodbye.

Chi Xiaochi walks backwards out of the classroom.

He knew that the day after, the person who came would not be him.

He walked alone through the tide of people leaving school.

The class teacher is wearing a white T, leaning over the railing, discussing with the physics teacher whether to go to the teachers’ canteen in the evening or to the Lanzhou ramen at the entrance. As soon as he sees a student coming, he gets serious for a second, pats his chalk dust-stained trousers and coughs lightly.

Chi Xiaochi greeted politely, “Hello, teacher.”

Class teacher: “Carry your bag properly. It hangs like that.”