Chapter 187 - The Overbearing General's Pretty Warlord (5)

Once the schedule for departure had been set, the Emperor dismissed the crowd.

After leaving the imperial study, Fang Xing went to a secluded place, where Yan Yuanzhao pulled Chi Xiaochi away without any further ado.

The brothers, already accustomed to Yan Yuanzhao’s unconventional style, dispersed.

"All right, Shi Tingyun.” Yan Yuanzhao stopped and said, “I went to the general’s residence yesterday, but you were calm enough not to say a word to me?”

Chi Xiaochi said, “It’s not too late. I received a letter from my father’s family last night to set this in motion.”

"You ……” Yan Yuanzhao looked around and lowered his voice, “You give me an accurate answer, is there really nothing wrong at the southern border?”

Chi Xiaochi said indifferently, “The Shi family would never commit the crime of deceiving the emperor. The Sixth Prince has spoken too highly of you.”

Yan Yuanzhao was a little relieved, but he knew that he had lost his tongue, so he changed his demeanor and raised his fan frivolously: “Okay, I get it. …… There is still half a month before you leave town, so you must be very busy. The pot of good flower carvings was meant for you and me to enjoy the beauty of the painting boat, but now it seems that it is only for you to strengthen your journey, which is worthy of it.”

Chi Xiaochi looked at him with interest and said, “A pot of flower carvings is not a disappointment, just don’t let down your ambition.”

Yan Yuanzhao did not take up his words, as if he was not the one who wanted to go to the edge in the imperial study just now, and with a twist of the golden silk fan, he pointed somewhere: “If you have a mind to talk to me, why don’t you think about how to amuse yourself on the way to Zhen Nan Guan with that bored gourd?”

Chi Xiaochi looked in the direction Yan Yuanzhao’s fan was pointing and saw Yan Yuanheng standing under an almond blossom tree not far away, staring at the pair.

When he noticed Chi Xiaochi looking over, Yan Yuanheng changed his expression slightly, clenched his fist against his lips and coughed lightly, then approached with his hands behind his back.

He asked, “You have only recovered from your illness and you are only half a month away, will that be a problem for the army?”

As he was on official business, Chi Xiaochi was naturally respectful: “No matter, please be at ease, Thirteenth Prince.”

Yan Yuanheng wanted to say something else, but Yan Yuanzhao was impatient to listen to the two men’s polite words and waved his fan, “Let’s go.”

Yan Yuanzhao is sent off, and Yan Yuanheng walks alongside him in the palace.

Unlike Yan Yuanzhao, Yan Yuanheng is really quiet, he came to him just to ask him what he needed to do before he went to the border.

Chi Xiaochi had listened to his tutor’s lectures before coming here, and had taken enough notes to answer them all, but apart from that, he had not been clever enough to add to his friendship with the thirteenth prince, and had on the contrary distanced himself from him.