Prologue

Freya

It's Fall season here in Canada. Fall creates its own special ambiance. Sometimes it's hard to find the right words to describe the feelings of warmth, coziness and seasonal magic inspired by the fall.

"Good morning sweetie, careful" My mom greeted when she saw me coming down the stairs

"Morning mom, Where's dad?" I ask, she walks towards me and helps me to walk.

"Your dad, went out for a bit sweetie" She replied, she also helps me sat on the chair she set up for me "Thanks mom"

My mom prepared us breakfast but while I'm eating, I felt my water just broke, "Mom" I called with breathy voice

She looked at me worried in her eyes "Sweetie what's wrong?"

"My... my water just broke..." I say almost whisper

She rose from her sit and went to me "Oh my god! Just stay there Eya, I'll get your bag in your room, and I'll call your father." Mom panicked and ran upstairs to get the bag we prepared.

I'm thirty-seven weeks pregnant with twins. I saw my mom going down the stairs with the bags on her shoulders. "Let's go Eya, I already called your dad and the hospital" she murmured and helped me again to stand up, up to the car.

~~~~~~~~

My feet are in the stirrups, and the doctor is sitting between my legs. When we arrived several hours ago, I was checked in and then brought back to labor and delivery. The nurse hooked me up to several monitors and took my blood. When I requested an epidural for the pain, she frowned apologetically and said I was already too far along for it, but she could give me some pain reliever. The doctor has come by numerous times to check on my progress, and my family has been in and out of my room to make sure I'm okay throughout my labor. A few minutes ago, after checking on the baby's status once again, the doctor informed me it's time to push.

Since I made the decision to only have Mom in the room with me when I give birth, my dad is outside with some of our relatives, Mom is next to me currently holding my hand.

"Okay, Freya. Here comes a contraction," the doctor says. "Push for me." I push through the contraction, and the pain is like nothing I've ever felt before. I almost feel bad I might break Mom's hand from squeezing it too hard. "That's good...and relax." This process goes on and on and on for God knows how long. Each push hurts worse than the last. My body is tiring out.

And then finally in the middle of another push, the doctor says, "I see hair. You're close." I stop pushing, taking a small break, and wait for the next one to hit. My throat is dry from screaming and exerting myself, and I'm seriously questioning this so-called pain reliever the nurse insisted she gave me.

"Oh my God!" I scream in pain.

"Keep going. Keep going," the doctor commands. "There he is!" My body finds relief as the doctor holds the baby up. "Congratulations."

The nurse comes over and cleans up my baby boy, then she sucks all the stuff out of his nose. He's screaming and crying, and it's the most beautiful sound I've ever heard.

And we repeated it again until my other baby boy came out.

"You are very strong sweetie, you will be a good mother to these boys." My Mom whispered into my ears, patting my head softly.