Chapter 14

After the small talk between Gojo and Y/n, the former finally decided to show Y/n where the dorms were. While Y/n had expected the older man to continue being a nuisance along the way, the walk there was surprisingly quiet. The only time Gojo spoke was to ask Y/n about what he thought of Jujutsu High so far. Other than that, nothing else was said.

Y/n was pleasantly surprised by Gojo's advice, though. He thought all the older man could do was be a constant annoyance, but he was proven wrong.

The two continued along the path as a relatively large, almost rectangular wooden and stone building came into view, a stairway filled with red torii gates leading up higher into the mountain just to the left of it. To the right of it was a building that had the same look as this one, a literal one-to-one copy. Trees still surrounded the area, keeping that rural feel of the place still alive.

Once Y/n and Gojo got close enough, the former decided to examine the building. It's surprisingly new, Y/n thought, rubbing his hand along the stone walls of it. The building had a, mostly, wooden base, save for the actual walls. It was a good thing, then. At least they cared enough to make the living quarters decent.

"Are the walls that interesting?" Gojo asked as he opened the door, beckoning Y/n to come in with a finger. "Come on, your room's waiting for you."

"In a minute," Y/n said, turning around to check on the stairs to the side of the building, "Where does this lead to?" he asked Gojo, genuinely curious as to where it would take him.

"That one leads to an unused weapon shed," Gojo said, still holding onto the door handle as he looked at Y/n. "Jujutsu High has plenty of those, though they mostly lead to some random building."

"Alright then," Y/n said before turning on his foot and returning to Gojo. Gojo let him enter first and he shortly followed.

Y/n took a moment to analyze the interior before Gojo began walking down the hall to his left. He looked up at the roof and resisted the urge to pull on the low-hanging light bulb, following the older man instead. They passed a few more doors before Gojo lazily pointed down the hall.

"That is where you'll be staying," Gojo said as he led Y/n towards the said room, stopping just in front of the door before tossing the keys to Y/n. "Don't worry about your stuff, by the way. I had them transferred here already."

Y/n used the keys to unlock the door before opening it. He had expected to be greeted by the sight of the room itself, but it was the kitchen instead. In order, to the right was a stovetop, fridge, and cupboard, which had nothing within when he opened both. He already expected that, though, as no one was using this dorm. To his left was the sink and dish rack.

That... Y/n's eyebrow twitched as he carefully fixed the dish rack, which was slightly crooked. Better.

Gojo watched as Y/n immediately went to town to fix whatever he thought was wrongly placed, as well as check out all of the cabinets. After about a minute or so, Y/n finally stopped and decided to actually see what his room looked like.

It had just about everything a normal dorm had except it was pleasantly large. It was probably slightly bigger than Y/n's room back at Aomori. He had heard about dormitories being shit back then from his mom and dad, so he hit the jackpot with this one. And a sweet plus? There was an air conditioner! From his research, Tokyo apparently had hellish summers, so it was a relief to see one here.

Gojo smiled as he leaned against the closet to their right, "So, what do you think?"

"It's nice," Y/n admitted, taking in the sight of his new room. To his left were several boxes stacked on each other. Must be my stuff, he assumed before turning back to face Gojo. He didn't bring anything on the train, but Gojo did briefly mention someone would take his belongings from Aomori to here. They worked fast.