S02E11 A True Mystery! Case of the Missing Donut!

"GOSH DARN IT!" Stamos's voice rumbled and echoed throughout the entire clubhouse.

Ngaire, Kore, Scabs, Ash, Bolt, Meadow, and Shade all rushed into Stamos's office. It was turned inside out, things were all over the floor, his desk was upside down, sofa cushions had been torn apart. It was a complete pigsty. Stamos was searching around for something, looking high and low, scratching the back of his head with the most frustrated of expressions sitting upon his face.

"What is it, Pres?" Kore asked, looking around.

"My last donut!" Stamos shouted. "It's gone missing!"

"Uh oh..." Scabs muttered.

Scabs and Kore both joined in on the search, all three men frantically looking around. Kore lifted up the couch in the corner of the office with a single hand as Scabs bent over and looked underneath it. It wasn't there. Stamos looked behind the television set, wasn't there either. He double checked his turned over desk, pulling out all of the drawers and tossing them aside. The potential Prospects stood there dumbfounded, as did Ngaire, as Stamos and the others continued to search.

"Why not just buy a new box?" Meadow asked innocently.

Stamos stopped and turned to her, as Kore and Scabs both gulped.

"Buy a new box?" Stamos asked sarcastically, stepping forward. "Oh yeah, I can just buy a new box! That will make everything so much better!"

"Go easy on her Stamos," Ngaire defended her. "She doesn't understand."

"You're right, she doesn't! Nobody does! So, I'll remind you all. The last donut of the box is sacred, I always save the best for last! And this last donut wasn't just your ordinary donut... It was a rare chocolate sprinkled raspberry deluxe! They only come out once a year! If I can't find it, then my tastebuds will have to wait another 365 days! What if I don't have that long, huh?! Somebody must have stolen it... Yeah, that's it..."

Stamos turned to Shade and pointed his finger at him. "Was it you, boy?!"

Shade backed away, holding his hands out in front of him. "I'd never!"

Stamos darted over to Ngaire. "Maybe it was you. Maybe that's the real reason you've been here all along. Yeah, it's always the ones you're closest to."

Ngaire buried her face in her palm. "I have no interest in your precious donuts, Stamos."

"Maybe you already ate it and you just forgot," Ash chimed in.

"FORGET?!" Stamos barked. "One doesn't just FORGET he ate a chocolate sprinkled raspberry deluxe!"

Meadow turned and looked at Bolt, who gave her a nod. Then she looked at Shade, who rolled his eyes. Then she turned her attention to Ash, who stood there flabbergasted, watching as Stamos continued to search for his missing donut. Meadow cleared her throat and stepped forward.

"President Stamos!" She said, saluting. "We'll find the culprit! The four of us are on the case! When was the last time you saw this donut?"

Stamos scratched his beard, thinking. "It would have been last night before I went to bed, around 10pm."

"Okay. And does anybody else have a key to your office?"

"Just everyone who needs one. My ranking officers."

"So, it must have been one of them!"

Stamos stopped and pondered for a moment, nodding his head. "Had to have been. And when the four of you find out who did it... THEY WILL BE DEMOTED BACK TO PROSPECT!"

Kore and Scabs turned to each other, a look of fear in their eyes.

***

A light shone bright in Kore's eyes, disturbing his line of sight even though he was wearing his sunglasses. The rest of the room was dark, as he sat in an uncomfortable chair, two cameras pointing at him from both the left and the right. Meadow, Shade, Bolt, and Ash sat at the other side of the table that stood between them. Shade had his shadow bokken in his hand, tapping it on the edge of the table. Bolt had a notebook in front of him, pen in hand. Ash sat there blankly, staring at Kore. Meadow cleared her throat and sat forward.