Blue Paint- Chapter 10

Several moons later, everything's all regular again, except I'm a hero now, I guess. I shot a lot of the white men, and I helped heal some of our members. I get the perks of being admired, and life is great! I am engaged to Necuametl. The only thing bad about life, or at leat undesireable is the fact that Izel is a little bit pissy at me. I got engaged before me and, um, she's not happy! I feel bad, but at least I won't get old and not beautiful so I won't have a chance for a husband. The only downside for Necuametl is that his father, Eztli wants at least five grandchildren, and, um, I'm 15. I'm pretty sure he wants like, a kid a year. I know enough about medics that I might either die or get really ill! Oh well, we'll cope. Hopefully.

Just days later, everything is picked out for the wedding. The ceremony comes today.  I haven't slept for like, two days whole and I am estatic! I begin my day by painting my face and looking simply gorgeous. This is my day to be as vain as I please. To look simply the best. My day is going just wonderfully until I get pulled over by Izel. "Um, Zyanya." she begins. I know she's mad, she's talked about it for forever, it seems. "I think it's very unneccessary you get married before me! You're fifteen and I am seventeen! Get a grip and don't fall for the first man you see!" she cries. Necuametl walks in. "Zyanya, it's time." he says, with a bright grin on his face. "If you'd excuse me." I say, irritated. I hear a, "hmph!" from Izel, but come out smiling.

I get a big grin on my face, fluff my hair up and walk down to Necuametl and the ceremony, a little late. Everyone watching smiles a "keep trying hon, you're late" smile. I begin to almost skip to the center. I get there and feel a bit sick. The nausea hits in a few minutes later, cramps and headaches too. The ceremony takes FOREVER, and I zone out. My head hurts, my stomach cramps, I feel sick. I try to keep calm until I get joint aches and then finally I just pass out in exhaustion.

The medic awakes me, with Mama, Necuametl and Izel by my side. "Ah, Zyanya, dear," the medic speaks, "You just need a bit of rest tonight." he says. I am relieved. I thought I was to die!  "Just rest." the medic says. When I awake, it is nighttime, I am still tired as ever and I am next to Necuametl. "Necua," I nickname Necuametl. "Yes, Anya?" he replies. "I'm starving." I lie. I just kind of want food, but I'm not even 'hungry.' He brings back some berries and I eat them in a few minutes. "Thank you." I say. I feel better within an hour and I hop on my feet. The celebration begins once again, and everything picks back up. Everything's better, and I am having the time of my life!

The night ends with Necua and I settling in our new home, happy as a married couple. "Anya." he says, his eyes gleaming. "Yes?" Tonig-" he begins. He's interrupted and my troubles start all over again.