Chapter II: The Evening You Ruined

"Oh, Heya Ike!" He exclaimed, noticing Ike standing up like a dork in the middle.

As he fixed the angle of his glasses on his nose and made his way toward Ike, Ike straightened his posture followed by clearing his throat.

"Hello, Fulgur," Ike exclaimed as he smiled softly. "The better version of the Lam brothers." Ike thought to himself.

"What brings you here?" Fulgur slightly tilted his head.

"Ah, y'know, just looking for some books that relate to the upcoming lessons this quarter, a few advanced readings." Ike pointed at the book.

"Woah, that is a thick one." Fulgur chuckled, well that didn't sound well.

"I meant the pages, of course, Also that's a nice leather cover for the book!" Fulgur was mesmerised by the size and texture of the book itself.

As Ike nodded in response, the two fell into a silent treatment.

"So, how are you reading the isekai story that I gave you?" Fulgur asked Ike sternly, clearing his throat.

"It was nice, they met each other again after he died of his incurable sickness, it made me cry for days," Ike whispered, getting teary-eyed again once remembered the plot.

"I feel you. I was shocked at first when he was diagnosed with that 'fantasy disease', some sort of shit. Then the male lead would always visit him in the hospital, even though he hated that place so much." Fulgur said, going into the details and feeling a heartthrob over the BL story.

"I know, right?! It was so good overall! I'll return it to you once I finish reading the second book. I'm almost halfway through it," Ike exclaimed with enthusiasm, as the two fell silent again.

"I guess, we're both too scared to get caught by Shu again..." Fulgur swallowed a lump, feeling the cold sweat building up on his face, as Ike nodded furiously, both falling into another silent treatment.

"Ah-well, shucks, I gotta go now. I think the second bell will ring at any moment." Ike said, breaking the silence by clearing his throat.

He remembered he should be on his way and at least check out the book at the receptionist's desk.

Fulgur tilted his head, releasing a sigh, as he nodded. "See you around then." Fulgur smiled softly.

Both of Ike's eyes squinted as he nodded and looked behind him. He made his way to the receptionist to at least inform them that he would be borrowing the "Book." he found. He walked out of the library, leaving Fulgur standing there all alone. Just as he turned, he saw someone with long black hair, the same height as Fulgur, approaching him before the door behind him shut, he dropped his hand beside him with a long huff.

Ike then flipped through the pages. "Chemistry..." he muttered, squinting his eyes at the leather-bound book. As he raised his head and entered his classroom, he sometimes felt the air was not welcoming him, those sharp eyes staring into his being.

Ike shivered at the thought. But high school is high school; this is where the fun mostly starts, and the fire of dungeons-more likely to be hell? Perish the thought, Ike groaned. He sat on his chair, softly placing the book he got from the library on his table.

The sound of the class chattering and mimicking, the clock ticking, and the wind howling filled the room. A pen clicked endlessly, Ike then checked his wristwatch, It was the dock at two o' five in the afternoon. Five minutes had passed, and the teacher still hadn't arrived.

"Ehem, Let's start our class shall we." Said the person we are talking about.

Ike then brought out his textbook.