Chapter IV: The night I met you again

-----------------

As time passed by the Evening summer came.

The Library is as quiet as ever.

Fulgur wandered through the library aisles, ensuring there wasn't a single person lingering around. Fulgur breathed a sigh of relief, reassured that the library was now empty. He then made his way to his favourite section for one last visit.

His eyes widen at the sight. A pretty boy sleeping in one of the bean bags.

"Uhm..." Fulgur gulped, realizing this person was his neighbour. He couldn't remember their name at all.

"Hey- Uki... Right?" Fulgur hesitantly asked, slowly approaching the sleeping beauty.

His eyes fluttered before opening his eyes fully. "What." He asked bluntly, glaring at Fulgur.

Fulgur awkwardly smiled, unsure of what to say. This wasn't how he remembered Uki behaving when they were kids. Back then, Uki had been the more awkward one. How the tables had turned.

"Uhm, I'm locking up the library." Fulgur raised his hand showing the keys.

"Oh." He exclaimed blankly. He then stretched his arm forward before standing up on his feet and swaying his feet, walking past Fulgur without saying a word.

"Uhm, hey." Fulgur muttered.

Uki then looked back, turning his head but not his whole body.

"Do you want a ride back?" Fulgur asked.

"No, thanks." Uki placed his hand on the pockets of his cardigan.

"I insist, it's getting late too." Fulgur offered, pressing one more.

"..." Uki turned his head away from Fulgur, having a pout curved in his mouth.

Fulgur looked at Uki, leaning forward to check if he was okay. He was exclaiming with a big grin.

"Then, silent means yes, right?" Fulgur chuckled, swinging the keys on his index fingers.

"Let's go then," Fulgur said softly, checking his phone and yawning. It was already five forty-eight P.M. "I should lock up the library before anyone comes barging in. If that happens, I'll have to wait for them."

Uki fidgeted with his fingers, hidden by the cuff of his cardigan, stealing glances at Fulgur who walked beside him. He couldn't believe he was finally talking to the man he had admired from afar for so long. Fulgur's presence felt surreal, and every step they took together seemed to slow down time, amplifying the significance of this moment.

"Say, Uki, I don't see you around often in the neighbourhood," Fulgur remarked with a curious smile.

"I don't usually go out, so," Uki replied sheepishly.

Fulgur smiled softly, his gaze drifting to the ground as he strolled through the hallway bathed in the Evening Summer.

"I just read some manga books or watch dramas," Uki replied hoarsely, gasping and covering his mouth. He quickly cleared his throat, cheeks flushing scarlet with embarrassment at the sound of his voice.

"Sorry, I'm used to talking low, my voice gotten hoarse..." Uki clarified, trying to make his voice louder.

Fulgur's eyes widened, exclaiming a hearty chortle. "You should talk more, your voice is pretty just like you." Fulgur sneered a big grin looking at Uki.