Leash Bound

"Woof" the dog says. At least that's what I lip-read. Woah this dog kinda cute. It's a german shepherd, but what's it doing here at the hotel??? Super 8 is not boujie enough to allow pets.

The dog makes a beeline for my crotch.

I try pushing away the dog, but he is more persistent than my uncle when I'm on my period. I'm not afraid of a challenge though.

I immediately start barking, I even get on all fours.

Sometimes I feel like such a manipulative mastermind, like I know that's crazy to say, but I genuinely think I am. Like, I just know how to control the people around me at my will and they don't even know it. The musician dude just bent down to tie his light up lighting mcqueen special edition doc martens, he doesn't even know I willed that from my mind using my third eye chakra.

Anyways, play time is over. I adjust the fedora I decided to slip on during the ride, in order to look nonchalant.

I make my way over to the guys, with the dog following behind me at a very safe distance. The suited man is talking to the front desk lady, I read her lips say "two rooms, under Noah Kahan?", I think that's what she said anyway. So it's Noah Kahan huh. I forget where I've heard that name before, but it rings a bell. Noah side eyes me maliciously, I think he heard me bark-mog the dog.

Ever since losing my hearing my sense of making sounds has drastically improved.

"That's my dog, Penny", he points. I look over my shoulder to where I see the german shepherd sitting.

I realize he probably doesn't know sign language.. I pull out a notepad from my backpack.

It's pretty used up, I'm on my last pages :(. I mostly used it to remember every time I smelled something new. I would describe the smell or what it came from, and then put a rating out of 5 stars next to it to remember if it was good or not.

"Was it good for you also?" Noah says breathily, I know that cause I smelled his breath. Smells like... umm I don't know actually.. maybe kinda like magazine paper. Noah was pointing at the last used page in my notebook. It only had one thing on it.

"Jeffrey Star cardboard cutout  ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️"

I shake my head vigorously "yes".

I begin to write my response on the notepad.

"cool dog."

Noah Kahan gives me a stare, but then half smiles. He probably realized in that moment that his dog was pretty kawaii.

He gestures at the elevator, him and suit boy start making their way over. I look down and scribble in my notepad hurriedly.

"Noah Kahan breath ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️"

I put my notepad back in my backpack and rush over to the elevator, whose doors are already closing. I manage to get in just in time, since I am just so tiny and small. I can fit in the smallest itty bitty crack cause I'm just so short hehe. <3

When I step in I feel the elevator drop a little bit.

The elevator goes up, I think we're going to the top floor!!! Weeeeee. The elevator is squishy tho. I'm real up close to this suit guy. He probably thinks I'm cute that's why he's so close. Too bad I'm wayyy out of his league. It's my fault for carrying a pound of rose quartz in my pocket.

We make it out of the elevator, on to the top floor. Suit fella leads us to two doors. Rooms 312 and 313. Suit guy gestures at room 313 and looks at me, I think that's my room. He gives me the keycard to swipe. Finally, a bed.

I didn't realize how tired I was until I sat on the bed of my hotel room. I get to share it with the dog.

You know I'm only just realizing... how did the dog get to the hotel?? I guess only time can tell. I say that part out loud and then smirk at myself in the mirror.

Wait a second. There's only one bed here. Where's the dog going to sleep?

I look over at the dog, who's sitting in the corner