𝟻. 𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝙴𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚎!

The 7 campers have been trekking through the jungle for what feels like hours now, still no sign of anyone or anything else.

The sun is beating down on the kids as they take long, slow steps.

Y/N has to wait for Ben as he reapplies sanitizer every ten or so minutes.

As they proceed through the trees, Ben unintentionally steps on a branch. It snaps under his foot, scaring him.

Ben's scream and the sound of the wood breaking alerted the other campers, who all spun and around, prepared for the worst.

"Sorry," Ben pants, "I stepped on a twig."

They all allow their bodies to relax and let out relived sighs.

"Come on, man." Yasmina complains.

"You done gave me a heart attack!" Sammy exclaims dramatically.

"I should step on you." Kenji crosses his arms.

"It's fine, Ben." Y/N puts a hand on Ben's shoulder.

"Yeah, we're all on edge." Darius agrees.

"And lost." Yasmina accuses sarcastically.

"Yeah, we've been out here for a while now." Sammy adds as they all turn to Darius.

"Darius, are we sure we're still headed towards the park?"

"Well, we'd be sure if I still had my phone." Brooklyn chimes in, arms crossed as she stares right at Sammy.

"Because it has a GPS, a compass app and is also A PHONE." She approaches the girl.

"Sammy didn't steal your phone!" Yasmina pushes Brooklyn away.

"No one stole your phone!" She cries as Brooklyn pushes her arm off.

"Can we please stop talking about the phone!"

"Yasmina is right. Sure, it would be great if we had the phone, but we don't. There's no point in arguing about it." Y/N steps in the middle of them.

"My fellow campers!" Kenji calls out, "Chill! What we need here is someone who can make the hard call on what to do next."

Y/N nods, assuming Kenji is referring to Darius, or maybe Yasmina, or anyone else with half a brain.

"Since I'm obviously leadership material." Kenji deducts, earing himself eyerolls all around.

"I'll do this! And my first decree as leader is for everyone to stop talking and just listen to Darius." He claps a hand onto the boys back.

"Huh?" Darius cocks his head.

Kenji pulls Darius away and starts whispering to him, leaving the others to awkwardly stare.

"We're not actually letting him be in charge, are we?" Y/N asks the others, making sure this wasn't gonna be a real thing.

"No, no." Yasmina shakes her head and laughs.

"Definitely not." Sammy agrees.

Brooklyn and Ben just chuckle.

"So, which way Darius?" Kenji pops back up and struts over to the others, leaving Darius at the front of the group.

Everyone looks at Darius expectantly.

Darius turns away in thought.

"Please, you're just trying to cover up the fact that you're lost too, Mr. VIP." Brooklyn pokes at Kenji.

"None of us know where we are!"

"I know where we are! We're by the Carnotarus paddock!" Darius shouts enthusiastically.