𝟿. 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝚝 𝚃𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜

'Return to the dock and cut the engine immediately!'

The campers squint and strain their eyes trying to get a glimpse of who is in the helicopters, but it proves rather difficult due to the bright lights. All they're able to spot it the large guns.

Two of the copters zoom off towards the island, leaving the third one hovering above the boat.

"Yes! Yes! We're saved!" Kenji jumps up and down and cheers from the wheel.

"Are we?" Y/N glances back up at the suspicious vehicle.

"Wait, Kenji!" Darius dashes up the ladder, the others right behind him.

Kenji is quick to turn on the engine, but Darius turns it back off even quicker.

"I'm not really getting 'good guy' vibes, Kenj."

"Yeah, unmarked chopper, big, scary guns." Yasmina adds.

"Oh, I'm sorry, what would you bring to rescue kids from an island full of killer dinosaurs?" Kenji quips sarcastically.

"Cake?"

"He's got a point..." Ben nods.

Thunder claps loudly and the kids all bring their attention to the sea up ahead. It's full of gray clouds and rapid lightning.

"The sea is pretty rough..." Sammy sighs.

"Alright, then." Darius surveys everyone's faces, "We take our chances with the people in the helicopter?"

All the campers slowly nod, albeit reluctantly.

Darius pulls his hand away from the lever and allows Kenji to turn the engine back on.

Once they get to the dock, Brooklyn and Y/N tie the boat up and watch as the helicopter lands nearby.

"Over there!" Y/N calls to the others.

All seven of them splash over to the landing area in the rain, a intimidating man with a gun waits outside.

"What are you kids doing out here?" The man's stoic face suddenly breaks when he catches sight of them.

He ushers them onto the helicopter and out of the pouring rain.

"Long story! Too long." Sammy shakes her head as she climbs inside.

"Way too long." Kenji adds.

"Wait, if you're not here to rescue use, then why are you here?" Ben asks as he straps himself into his seat.

Booming footsteps approach and everyone stops to look. The T. Rex slowly approaches, roaring loudly.

The woman in the helicopter starts it up with only Ben, Kenji, and Sammy inside.

"What are you doing!?" Kenji cries as they lift off the ground.

This attracts the predator. She approaches the helicopter and catches one of the landing skids in its jaw.

The vehicle tilts, sending Sammy sliding towards the dinosaur.

Kenji is quick to grab for her wet, slippery arm and pull her before she can slide out.

Ben unbuckles himself and grabs Kenji's free hand, helping with the struggle.

The pilot tilts the copter in the other direction until the T. Rex finally let's go.

She drives up and circles back around for her partner, but she's too late. Just as they come back around the T. Rex leans down and eats him whole.

The campers scream and cover their eyes, no matter how many times they see this same thing, it never gets less horrifying.