|14|

It was a quiet morning, the sun casting a gentle glow over the room as Y/n stood near the window, staring out at the world beyond. The peaceful scene outside was a stark contrast to the turmoil within her. She was lost in thought, memories of her parents flooding her mind. Her mother's harsh words echoed in her ears, "Forget we are your parents." The pain of that moment was as fresh as the day it happened.

A gentle touch on her shoulder brought her back to reality. Startled, Y/n turned her head to see Jungkook's mom standing behind her, a look of concern etched on her face.

"Y/n, dear," Jungkook's mom said softly, her eyes filled with empathy. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, mom" Y/n tried to muster a smile but failed. "Just... thinking.." she replied, her voice barely above a whisper.

"About your parents?" Jungkook's mom asked gently.

Y/n didn’t respond immediately, just nodded slightly, her gaze still distant.

Jungkook's mom stepped closer, placing a comforting hand on Y/n's arm. "I know it's hard, Y/n. Family can sometimes hurt us in ways we never imagined, but I feel that… on that time, they were angry. That's why they did that."

"I called them many times but... they didn’t pick up," Y/n admitted, her voice trembling.

Jungkook's mom sighed, her heart aching for Y/n. "I can’t pretend to understand exactly how you feel, but I do know that holding onto that pain won’t help you heal. It's okay to grieve, but don’t let it consume you."

Y/n looked down, tears welling in her eyes. "It's just so hard. They are my parents, and their words... they cut so deep."

Jungkook's mom gently squeezed her arm. "I know, dear. But remember, you have people here who care about you. We’re your family now, too."

Jungkook's mom gently turned Y/n towards herself, lifting her chin with a soft, reassuring smile. "And I'm your mom now. If you ever feel anything, share it with me," she said warmly.

Y/n managed a weak smile, appreciating the comfort.

"Now, smile," Jungkook's mom encouraged.

Y/n's smile grew a bit more genuine. Just then, they heard Hana's voice calling out, "Mom!"

They both turned and walked towards the living area, sensing the urgency in Hana’s tone. As they entered, they saw Jimin, Hana, Soo Min, Sana, her mom, and little Jiya all gathered around the television. Everyone's eyes were glued to the screen, expressions a mix of shock and concern.

Y/n and Jungkook's mom exchanged worried glances before joining the others. The news anchor's voice filled the room, a serious tone cutting through the air.

"In breaking news, CEO Jeon Jungkook has been accused of harassment. The allegations come from an anonymous source who claims the incident took place at a recent corporate event."

Gasps filled the room. Hana covered her mouth in disbelief, and Jimin frowned deeply, his worry evident.

"Harassment? That can't be true," jungkook's mom mumble, shaking her head. "Jungkook would never do something like that."

"It's fake... My son is not like that" All eyes turned to her. Hana, Jimin, Soo Min, Sana, her mom, and little Jiya, who was sitting on the sofa with wide eyes, watched Jungkook's mom with a mix of concern and fear. The gravity of the situation was palpable, and no one knew quite what to say.

Hana took a step closer to Jungkook's mom, her expression serious. "I believe Mom...Jungkook is not that kind of person. There must be some mistake."

Jimin nodded in agreement. "We all know Hyung. He respects women. This accusation doesn't make any sense."