chapter fifty-nine

Chapter 59

___________________________

Mina Bennett cracked her neck as she appeared in front of her lover with two glasses of scotch. One with ice and the other without. Keeping the one with ice, she slid the other towards Elijah who was too engrossed in the files he was reading to notice.

"Finding anything interesting?" She asked, sitting in front of his desk and propping up her feet. They had been there for about three days, and between a couple of meetings with people and killing a few people who opposed Elijah's permanent rule, nothing had happened. 

Looking up, the original smirked. Sliding her the file, she put her feet down and picked up the manila folder. Inside the folder was a very clear picture of Aya and some other guy sitting in the back of a black limousine. "Who is this? Aya's boyfriend?"

Elijah shook his head, taking a dramatic sip of his drink. "That, my love, is Tristian de Martel. Brother of Niklaus's deranged ex-love."

"Damn," Mina cursed. "So, we're looking at an 'enemy of my enemy is my friend situation' situation?"

Elijah leaned back and nodded. "But that isn't all. It is recorded that Aya was only the interim leader of the Strix in my absence." Flipping through a couple of pages, he slid another to Mina that she picked up. "The official leader was..."

"This Tristian guy," Mina concluded. Sighing, she propped her feet back up. "So what? They're teaming up against you? Who's dumb enough to come after an original with a Bennett witch at his side?"

"Tristian has never been the smartest person," Elijah answered her rhetorical question. "Yet he has a wonderful imagination... He likes to think that he is me. It is obvious by his very long list of changes he has implemented to my prestigious organization."

"And him wearing a suit in 90-degree weather." Mina shook her head before placing her glass back on his desk. "We need the Strix to help us when this inevitable final battle comes down between us and whoever the fuck is powerful enough to take Klaus, right?"

"Correct," Elijah agreed.

"And Tristan and Aya both are obviously up to some shady shit, right?" Mina followed.

"Amazingly obvious," Elijah nodded.

Mina smiled and stood up. "So let's go kill them before they fuck with our plans."

Elijah smirked as he stood, grabbing his jacket off of the back of his chair. The original couldn't help but focus his eyes on the beauty in front of him as she walked to the back. Her body, her curves, all of it he wanted. He watched as she slid her leather jacket through her shoulder, preventing the noble original's thoughts of servile actions from continuing.

Her fingers pushed her hair from the inside of her jacket. Turning around, she looked at the original in confusion. "Come on..." She started. "I need to start a locator spell."

.

..

...

Unfortunately for their targets, Mina and Elijah appeared outside of the bar the infamous Tristian de Martel was shown to be at within the hour.

Elijah slid around Mina to open the door as she stepped in unfazed. As the two beings entered confidently, the entire bar stood still. A smirk rose to the two lover's mouths simultaneously. Her eyes wandered around for a couple of seconds. Once she finally found what she was looking for, she walked towards the table she saw Tristian standing in front of.