Vengeance: Deleted Scene (Good Morning Love)

"If I had a choice to do it again, I'd do it in a heartbeat just to be with him. It was worth it, he's always been worth it."

—Mya

¥

June 11  2005
9:36 am

The smell of bacon on its way to being charbroiled wafted across her nose

The smell of bacon on its way to being charbroiled wafted across her nose. The faint sounds of the radio tickled her ears, and the little bit of light that came from the rising sun brushed against her still closed lids. Everything together causing her long lashes to flutter in preparation for the inevitable awakening. Her body twitched on the vast bed as her eyes took their time greeting the new day. Spreading her arms, her intuition was corroborated feeling the coolness of the sheets. Her terrible two plus one were downstairs running a muck in her palace.

Peeling back the blanket Mya stretched her legs out for motion and got up. First call of business she had was to pee. After handling that she washed her hands and speedily brushed her teeth. Her nimble fingers opened the medicine cabinet, exposing the bottle of Seroquel. It'd been almost a month since she began weening herself off her pills. This time around she was smarter about it as to not cause suspicion. Last time she had stopped cold turkey which was an unpleasing experience for her and her family. She was out of control and unraveled. Now she learned to go slow, at a snail's pace if you will. It went from her taking it the recommended twice a day, to once a day, and now every other day. The last week or so she decided that she didn't need any at all. Aside from the mishap on the set of Sunset Blvd —which she chalked up to a fluke of her readjusting without the poison she convinced herself the pills were, she'd been cool.

Staring at her reflection she smiled brightly with glowing eyes. "I'm cool, I'm in control, and I got this."

The earlier charbroiled smell of the bacon plummeted into burnt prompting her scattered brain back to the initial issue. Operation: Save her Kitchen.

Racing to the stairs she caught the melody and sound of Q-Tip's Vivrant Thing playing from the CD player in the living room. The built in surround sound speakers allowed the rapper to trill through the lower level of the vast home. She could hear Muff's little rasp singing her own version of words as DeVante and Ahmad went back and forth about who burnt what. At the arch of the kitchen she was able to view the loves of her life, her hand flew over her mouth tickled at them.

De stood by the counter closest to the flat top while Muff was beside him on her step stool in her Little Bear onesie with a 'Kiss the Cook,' apron tied around it. Both peering their colored orbs into a big bowl of what she assumed was pancake mix. Ahmad was digging in the fridge presumably for more bacon backing his thang up to the beat like the goofball he was.