Every Breath You Take (6.)

The trio waited for Eileen to be picked up by her friends the following day. Deciding it would be better to head to the high school a little later.

"Woah! They really cleaned this place up," Marty exclaimed as they approached the school. "Looks brand-new."

"Very funny," Tessa said as she walked past him.

"Now remember, according to my theory, you interfered with your parents' first meeting," Doc explained as he climbed over a bunch of parked bikes. "If they don't meet, they won't fall in love, get married and have kids. That's why your older brother is disappearing from that photograph."

"And if we don't fix it, his sister and eventually Marty will disappear?" Tessa asked.

"Exactly!" Doc confirmed.

"Sounds pretty heavy," Marty joked.

"Weight has nothing to do with it," Doc told him.

They waited in the halls for the current classes to end. Hoping they would find Marty's parents wandering in the sea of students.

"Which one's your pop?" Doc asked as students walked past them.

Marty took a deep breath and pointed to the skinny boy from the day before. "That's him."

The three of them watched as George walked down the hall. Trying to avoid a couple of other boys kicking at his legs. He turned around, revealing a 'kick me' sign taped to his back.

"Maybe you were adopted," Tessa deadpanned as he watched George try and get the boys to back off in vain.

"Okay, real mature, guys," George squeaked.

The boys continued laughing as they walked away. George moved to pick up his books, only for a familiar face to approach him.

"That's Strickland," Marty realised. "Jesus, didn't that guy ever have hair?"

"Shape up, man," Strickland told George as he ripped the sign off his back. "You're a slacker! Do you wanna be a slacker for the rest of your life?"

"This has got to be the weirdest sense of déjà vu I've ever had," Tessa said as she watched Strickland lecture George.

"What did your mother ever see in that kid?" Doc asked.

"I don't know, Doc," Marty shook his head. "I guess she felt sorry for him 'cause her dad hit him with the car... hit him with the car."

"Oh no," Tessa said. Wiping her hand across her face. "You don't think... you know?"

"That's the 'Florence Nightingale effect'. It happens in hospitals when nurses fall in love with their patients." Doc explained to them.

Tessa let out a heavy sigh and patted Marty on the back. "Get to it, Tiger."

Marty gulped and started making his way over to George. Marty reintroduced himself from behind a corner. Walking him over to Lorraine and her friends.

"Lorraine?" Marty said to get her attention.

"Calvin!" Lorraine said as she backed up in surprise.

"I'd like you to meet my good friend, George McFly," Marty pulled George over.

"Hi. It's really a pleasure to meet you," George said. Trying to act suave. Only for Lorraine to walk over to Marty.

"How'd your head?" Lorraine tried reaching over to check for any damage.

"Uh, good. Fine," Marty tried backing away.

"I've been so worried about you ever since you ran off the other night," Lorraine continued. "Are you okay?"