Keep Driving (.7)

"I swear the cap is glued on!" Tessa huffed as she tried opening the bottle.

"Let me have another go," Marty said.

"MARTY!" The unmistakable voice of George called out.

Tessa and Marty turned to see George running towards them with a wild-eyed look. Almost got himself hit by some kids on scooters in the process.

"George! You weren't at school. Where've you been all day?" Marty asked.

"I just woke up. I overslept." George told him. "Look, you've gotta help me! I want to ask Lorraine out, but I don't know how to do it."

"All right, keep your pants on. She's over there in the café," Marty told him as he continued struggling to open the soda bottle. "God, how you do-"

George reached over and grabbed the bottle from Marty. He flicked the cap off against a bit of metal on the full stop.

Marty and Tessa stopped for a second, silently disappointed in themselves. They then followed after George.

"What made you change your mind, George?" Tessa asked. Curious about what exactly Marty had said to him while in disguise.

"Last night, Darth Vader came down from the planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out, he'd melt my brain!" George told her. Causing Tessa to turn to Marty with a surprised smile on her face.

"Yeah, well," Marty quickly tried to move the conversation along. "Let's just keep this brain-melting stuff to ourselves, okay?"

"Oh yeah, yeah," George agreed.

"All right, okay," Marty said. Somewhat relieved. He continued walking George over to the cafe window. "There she is, George."

"Just go right in and ask her," Tessa tried to say in a confident tone.

"Okay, but I don't know what to say," George told them.

"Just say anything, George," Marty told him. "Say whatever's natural, the first thing that comes into your mind."

George stood there a second. Looking like he was trying hard to come up with something... anything. "Nothing's coming to my mind!"

"Jesus, George," Marty muttered. "It's a wonder I was even born."

"What?" George asked in a panic. Not quite hearing what Marty said.

"It's nothing," Tessa covered.

"Look, tell her destiny brought you together," Marty said as Tessa looked through the cafe window again. "Tell her that she is the most beautiful girl you've ever seen in the world. Girls like that stuff... What are you doing, George?"

"I'm writing this down," George told him as he scribbled on a notepad. "This is good stuff."

Tessa let out a huff of frustration. She moved towards George and messed with his hair for a moment. "Okay, George, you're just going to go in there, tell Lorraine she's nice and that you like her a lot, then ask if she would go to the dance with you."

George nodded as Marty and Tessa pushed him inside the cafe. Only to have to give him another push when he just stood in the doorway.

The two teens moved over to the counter to watch.

"... Darth Vader?" Tessa asked Marty with a hit of mischief.

"Okay, that's... I was under some pressure at the time." Marty defended himself.

"LOU! Give me a milk!" George shouted proudly. "Chocolate!"

"Oh god," Tessa sighed. Feeling the second-hand embarrassment from Marty.