chapter 6

They just went to shops at walkable distance. All had chaat and dessert while Ram refused to have anything saying he is full. Seeing everyone busy and vedika alone. Ram made a conversation with her.
Ram: do you want anything Vedika?
Vedika: no I'm fine. Ram
Ram: yeah
Vedika: I'm sorry with the way I behaved in the past.
Ram: you don't have to ask sorry for anything vedika. You were not at fault.
Vedika: no I shouldn't have listened to my parents.
Ram: but the decision was yours. They didn't force to do anything. They just stated their opinion to you.
Vedika: Ram
Ram: I listened to your parents talk on that day vedika.
Vedika: Ram
Ram: I won't lie I was hurt listening to that as I always considered you guys as my very own. I was shocked when you guys thought my family as a burden. Then you guys are not at fault.
Vedika: Ram we are sorry. We didn't mean in that way. They just want a better life for me.
Ram: I understand that vedika.
Vedika: how did you agree for this marriage?
Ram: I didn't have any reason to say no this proposal as my Priya is perfect in every way.
Vedika: she is okey with everything?
Ram: she is vedika. We are not rich but we live a decent life. We are not in need of anything as my wife takes care of everything. Shubu and shivi are close with Priya more than me.
Vedika: Priya's siblings seems to be more close with you.
Ram: they are.
Ram smiled at vedika while she kept looking at him not knowing what to answer. As if in cue sandy came with ice cream and started feeding Ram without heeding to his protest.
Akki: jeeju your favourite chaat.
Akki fed him the chaat item.
Ram: arey I'm full. Priya
Sandy: they two bought everything that di likes.
Shubu: we will never forget bhabhi Bhai
Shivi: and yes we may forget you.
Akki: jeeju has us
Sandy: you can keep your bhabhi. Jeeju come on, let's go
Sandy linked her arms with Ram while akki smiled and followed both.
Shubu: I miss bhabhii
Shivi: we should never come next time without bhabhi.
Shubu: it's pretty boring without her.
Shivi: yeah.
Vedika: do you guys remember even I'm here?
Shubu: ofcourse Vedu. You were the one who got busy in your married life.
Shivi: you never answered our call after your marriage.
Vedika: sorry guys, I was little busy in getting settled in my marriage.
Shubu: so how is your husband?
Vedika: fine.
Shubu: when is he coming to get you?
Vedika: in 6 months may be.
Shivi: six months, he doesn't have any problem with that.
Vedika: problem? What problem?
Shubu laughed seeing shivi's reaction.
Shubu: it's just that Ram bhai never allows bhabhi even for a day.
Shivi: Once we went to Delhi with bhabhi to her parents' house. Ram bhai can't get leave. So he sulked and stayed back saying he will join us two days later. But next day early morning he was there saying he missed his wife.
Shubu: you should have seen the flushed face of bhabhi as she got teased mercilessly by all her neighbours due to bhai's statement as bhabhi's neighbour listened to his statement.
Vedika: does Ram love her?
Shivi: love? bhabhi is everything to Bhai.
Vedika: Priya?
Shubu: bhabhi is crazy about Bhai.
Shivi: they can't stay without eachother.
Vedika: I'm happy that Ram is happy.
Shubu: our whole family is happy because of bhabhi vedu.
Vedika: you guys never missed me. I was raj uncle's favourite.
Shivi: correct vedu, was but now bhabhi is Papa's all time favourite. Even Ram bhai comes next to bhabhi.
Shubu: we did miss you vedu.
Shubu told that for a courtesy while shivi doesn't even bother to lie.
Shivi: bhabhi
Shivi ran to priya seeing her placing the icecream in fridge without tasting it.
Shubu: bhabhi we got a new flavour along with your favourite. Try this new flavour bhabhi. It's just yumm.
Priya: I will try later.
Shivi quickly served in a bowl and started feeding Priya.
Priya: this is good.
Shubu: told you right?
Priya: your Bhai.
Shivi: his
Priya: chamcha's took care of him.
Shubu: absolutely bhabhi.
They all smiled while Ram was busy chatting with sandy and akki.

Soon all decided to call it a night. Both Priya and ram along with their siblings decided to sleep in the living room. All settled themselves in the matresses that Priya and shivi spread out on the living room. Vedika who came out to get a bottle of water saw all of them lying on each other and watching tv. Vedika noticed Ram laughing seeing the joke on tv along with pressing Priya' s leg.

Ram stopped laughing when Priya slightly winced in pain.
Ram: kya hua Jaan.
Priya: don't know but its look like leg cramps.
Ram: that's why I ask you to reduce your work. See how swelled your feet is.
Shivi: wait Bhai I will get some warm oil.
Shubu: I will bring some warm water and towel.
Sandy: is it paining di?
Priya: just a little.
Akki to started massaging his sister's feet.
Ram: shall I call doctor jaan?
Priya: no I'm fine.
Vedika got a water bottle for herself and went inside after seeing all of them fussing over Priya. Soon all slept after making Priya feel better.

Next day, everyone did all the work and didn't allow Priya to strain seeing her in pain last night. Priya got ready for her work while Ram went to drop her at work asking akki to be ready. Later Ram took akki to the interview and Stayed with him till evening as akki got selected for the second round. Finally they reached home around 7 pm. Both were really tired due to the long day they had. Akki informed everyone that results for the interview will be out after a week. Akki was expecting a positive result. They just hoped for the best.

Ram entered his room tiredly waiting for Priya to come inside. That's when he noticed cover in the bed. He opened it and was shocked seeing Priya's appointment order. Ram immediately ran outside to find her coming towards their room with a small smile. Ram hugged her tightly congratulating her along with jumpin around priya making other's to look at them bewildered.
Shubu: Bhai you just need a reason to hug bhabhi. Have some shame. See everyone is looking at you.
Ram: oh shut up stupid, waise bhi meri biwi meri Marzi. If you have problem then close your eyes.
Priya slapped his arms asking to shut up.
Raj: any good news Ram? You look so happy.
Vm: did you get another promotion, you look happy more than that day.
Ram: you are right aunty
Shubu: again promotion Bhai?
Ram: shubu your bhabhi got a job as assistant professor in the government college.
Shubu: bhabhi congratulations congratulations.
Soon all surroundings priya congratulating her while she got elders blessings.
Shivi: you didn't even tell us before bhabhi
Sandy: jeeju should be the first one to know this happy news haina didi
Priya: yes.
Shubu: Bhai you look so happy than the day you got the promotion.
Ram: ofcourse, there are so many perks with that. Jaan I want a car now.
Shubu: Bhai this is cheating, you didn't allow her to increase of our pocket money when you got promotion but you are asking for her whole annual income.
Shivi: yes Bhai this is cheating.
Ram: jaan you will get me right?
Shubu: bhabhi nooo noo
Shivi: bhabhi say noo nooo.
Raj: yes Priya say nooo
Priya sheepishly smiled at them making Ram to give a smug smile to them.
Priya: I have already booked a car for him.
Ram: kyaaa oh I love you meri jaan jaannnnnnn
Ram hugged priya tightly in happiness.
Akki: congratulations jeeju.
Sandy: jeeju congrats. You should take me for the first drive.
Ram: ofcourse sandy we will go leaving some burnt people here.
Shubu: bhabhi this is not fair.
Shivi: why can't you be strict with bhai like you behave with us sometimes?
Ram: oye you idiot, you can use my bike if I use the car.
Shubu: Bhai I love you. I forgot about that. Bhabhi thank you.
Ram just a month back purchased a latest model bike for him while shubu used a very old one since Ram needs to drive a lot due to his work .
Shivi: bhabhi for me?
Priya: you will get the brand new Mac Book that you want.
Shivi: thank you so much bhabhi.
Ram: and you too akki.
Akki: thank you jeeju.
Sandy: jeeju mere liye
Ram: ofcourse I have a surprise for you bache.
Priya: he had got your admission for your PG in your dream college.
Sandy: really? Jeeju you are the best
Sandy ran to hug Ram squealing in happiness.
Ram: oh and shubu your bhabhi had increased you pocket money by two times of what you asked.
Shubu: what really? Bhabhi I love you the most.
Shubu hugged Priya happily while their parents looked at their children with happiness. They never need to worry about anything as Priya and Ram took care of both family equally.
Vm: you are spending so much without any saving.
VF:she is right. Ram, Priya you should also think about your future than spending your money on these things.
Vedika: you guys get monthly salary, you should plan your life accordingly. Don't overdo and get into financial trouble.
Vm: they will change once they got married.
All got silent listening to them, raya looked at their siblings whose face mirrored their hurt.
Priya: what are we going to do by Saving this money?
Mami: what are you saying Priya? You need money to spend on your kids and to raise them, give them a better life.
Ram&Priya: and that's what we are doing now.
Ram: they are nothing less than our kids aunty
Priya: and we never expect anything in return from them.
Raj: it would be better if you don't involve in our family matters. You are here as a guest, so behave like one.
Vedika's mom looked at raj in shock as he never talked to her like that while Akki, shubu, shivi, sandy hugged Raya together feeling emotional as they have got the world's best siblings while their parents wiped their tears listening to them. They may not be rich with money but they are rich with their love for Eachother.