Chapter 2 - Shit.

Due to her nature, Misato bought a volleyball book that evening.

Now at least know what I'm seeing. I can't just go, "I can see why you're the best in the prefecture!", they'll never let me be their manager then. She made sure to put the book in her bag, tied up her shoes, waved her parents goodbye, and left. Misato would usually bike to school in the mornings and have her parents pick her up in the afternoons. However, she didn't really want to disturb her parents during break, and insisted on biking both ways.

The ride to Shiratorizawa was a comfortable half hour. It was still cold out, and Misato wore a couple layers over her gym clothes. She looked at the same scenery she had seen for years: the mountains in the distance, the convenience store she frequented, and walking Tendou. Wait, walking Tendou? Misato quickly sped towards the red-headed boy.

"Satori! Why are you walking alone? Where's Wakatoshi?"

"Ah, morning Misato-chan!! Wakatoshi's been at the gym since 6." Misato could only respond with a wide-open jaw. "Yeah, hard work and talent huh. Too bad he's not as handsome as me." Tendou chuckled jokingly.

"You wanna ride together?" Misato asked, stifling her laugh.

"I was waiting for you to ask. Scoot over."

"No, I'm biking. Hop on the back princess."

"hOp On tHE BAck prinCESS" Tendou mocked, receiving a smack on the head as a return. "Oof."

"Hold on, you're making the bike tip backwards!"

"THATS WHY I TOLD YOU I WOULD BIKE!"

"SHUT IT."

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

Shiratorizawa was quieter than usual; it was break after all. Tendou motioned for Misato to leave her bike next to the gym entrance and led her inside. Past the netted opening, Misato was greeted with the sight of the team she had met yesterday. Most seemed as if they had just arrived, but two were already practicing alongside their captain.

"I can't believe you haven't introduced me to the team. Do these three weeks of bestfriendship mean nothing to you?" Misato complained, clutching her heart.

"Wah wah wah, I doubt you'll remember them all." He retaliated, but was met with a sour face. "Fine, I'm only going to go through this once." He pointed out his finger. "That's Umeda, Suzuki, Sage, Yamagata, Akakura, Kawanishi, Shibata, Yunohama, Reon, Jin, Semisemi, the two with Waka-chan is Tsutomu and Kenjiro, and Waka-chan is well, Waka-chan."

"Okayyy... cool." Misato nodded as she scribbled down their names on a notebook.

"You're noting all this down?"

"Would be a crap manager if I didn't right?"

"Right. Smartass." Satori scoffed. By this time the team took notice of the new girl and all made their way towards the two, and Misato took a minor step foward. "Don't worry, they're not as scary as they are tall. Maybe except for Waka-chan. Kidding." He winked at Ushijima. "Anyways, I'm glad you're all here. Our captain has something to say."

"I do?" Ushijima asked with confusion. "I guess I do." He walked up to replace Tendou's position and faced his team. "Again, if you don't remeber what Satori said yesterday, Misato here is coming to watch us. She might become our manager next year, so do well." He turned around to look down at the girl. "Any words?"

"Uh, thank you for having me! I hope to get to know all of you very soon." Misato bowed, in which the team also bowed in response.

"Alright. It's almost 9, so get yourself warmed up quick." he waved off lightly.