28) War of Kingdoms

Tomorrow there is a war and the night before the impending war was heavy with tension and sorrow.

Jungkook sat on the edge of their bed, holding Jimin tightly in his arms.
Jimin sat on Jungkook's lap clung to him desperately tears streaming down his cheeks as he buried his face in his alpha's chest.

"Please don't go" Jimin sobbed his voice muffled against Jungkook's shirt. "I can't bear the thought of you getting hurt"

Jungkook's heart ached at the sight of his omega's distress. He gently lifted Jimin's chin, wiping away his tears with the pad of his thumb.

"Jimin, my love I have to go" he said softly, his voice filled with a mix of determination and tenderness.

"Our kingdom needs me. I need to protect you and everyone we love."

Jimin shook his head, his grip tightening around Jungkook.

"But I need you here with me" he whispered, his voice breaking.

"I know and I need you too" Jungkook replied his eyes shining with unshed tears.

"But I promise I will come back to you. I will fight with everything I have to return to your arms. You are my strength Jimin. Knowing you are here waiting for me gives me the courage to face whatever comes"

Jimin nodded reluctantly his heart heavy with fear and sadness. He pressed a trembling kiss to Jungkook's lips, pouring all his love and hope into that single moment.

"Please be safe" he whispered against his alpha's lips.

Jungkook held Jimin close, savoring the warmth and comfort of his omega one last time before the dawn broke.

"I will my love. For you"

The next morning

Jungkook prepared to set out for war. Clad in his armor he looked every bit the fierce and noble king his kingdom needed.

By his side stood his General Namjoon, his friend Taehyung and his brother Yoongi all ready to fight alongside him.

Jimin watched from the palace steps his heart breaking as Jungkook mounted his horse.
Tears streamed down his face his chest tight with worry and sorrow.

Jungkook looked back at Jimin their eyes locking in a silent promise.

"I will come back to you" he mouthed his expression fierce with determination.

As Jungkook and his soldiers rode out Jimin could no longer hold back his sobs. He collapsed to his knees his body wracked with grief.

Jungkook's mother Hyekyo quickly rushed to Jimin's side enveloping him in a comforting embrace.

"Shh my dear" she murmured her voice soothing.
"He will come back to us. He is strong and brave. Have faith in him" Jimin nodded clinging to her as he cried.

"I just want him to be safe mom " he criedhis voice breaking with every word.

The queen held him tighter her own heart heavy with worry for her son.
"We all do Jimin. We all do. But for now we must be strong and believe in his return"

As the dust from the departing soldiers settled Jimin remained in the queen Hyekyo's embrace drawing strength from her presence.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The battlefield stretched wide under a sky darkened by the smoke of war.

For 4 relentless days the armies clashed the sound of steel ringing and the cries of battle echoing across the plains.