Chapter Forty-Seven: The End

Chapter Forty-Seven

The next few months felt like an absolute dream. Matty put her motivation and focus towards her school life and it paid off nicely. She once again had a safe and healthy balance in her life and it was so relieving to have. After a while, the nightmares stopped completely and she was able to peacefully sleep through the night once again.

As for the Sallows, things were the best they had been in years. Felicity had gone to Feldcroft with Sebastian and Matty to see Anne and it was a wonderful and heartwarming reunion. Felicity could hardly comprehend how much Anne looked like Aria. There was so much to catch up on, so much to talk about. After all, the last time she had seen the twins they were only about three years old. The feeling of guilt was washed away as she healed the feelings of hurt with her niece and nephew. Their family was finally together again.

Soon after seeing Anne, Felicity began to ask questions about the curse Rookwood had put on her, knowing that it was affecting her greatly. Both Sebastian and Anne tried their best to answer her questions but since they didn't exactly know what the curse even was, it was slightly more difficult to do so.

Not knowing what the curse was definitely made it harder but Felicity was determined to help Anne; she extended her stay several weeks and began to devise plans to create something to do so. With the help of Professor Weasley, whose specialty was in breaking curses, and some more extensive studying from Sebastian, Felicity was able to come up with something that they could only hope would help Anne.

Studying hard during her time at Hogwarts and being alone for so many years gave Felicity the opportunity to learn and master so many things, simply because she had the time and knowledge to do so. Whereas her skills weren't set in curse breaking, she knew quite a bit about curses, since it was one of those subjects she studied extensively over the years.

She was able to come up with a counter-course of sorts—a spell that would reverse the effects of the curse over time. It would take quite some time for the curse to be completely dormant but it was better than what Anne had been going through for so many years. It would help by relieving some of the pain and dulling it down every time the pain hit. It was definitely going to take some time for Anne to heal and the curse would leave irreversible damage to her body but either way, it was better for her to not have the effects of the curse in the first place.

The absolute relief—especially for Sebastian—as Anne's condition began to improve gradually over time was exponential. Finally, things were looking up for them. Felicity eventually returned to Glenmore but promised to visit them often. Being with them had healed her so much from the pain of the past. She was grateful that Sebastian and Matty had accidentally stumbled across her.

By May, Anne's condition had improved so much that she began to be able to take care of herself almost completely without much struggle, she hadn't been able to do this in years. Sebastian knew how much she missed going to school and seeing everyone and this year would be her last opportunity to do so. So, he went to Professor Weasley and asked if she could do anything about it, just to allow Anne to be able to attend the very last month of school.

Professor Weasley was more than happy to try and find a compromise and permitted Anne to attend the last month of school at Hogwarts. Sebastian had always kept her updated about what he was learning at school and so she wasn't completely clueless, especially since they had learned things that would be taught in seventh year several years before due to Sebastian always smuggling books out of the Restricted section.

"How does it feel to finally be back?" Sebastian asked Anne as they were once again walking the halls of Hogwarts together.

"Amazing," Anne replied. Her face was full of wonder as if it was her first time being at Hogwarts again. She had forgotten how much she missed this old place. Even just being back in school robes made her feel better. This was a moment she dreamed of but she didn't know if it would ever come true, yet here she was.