Day 2 : A Beginning

Dear Diary,

Ugh, mirror, mirror on the wall, why do you have to be so honest today? My reflection seems to highlight every imperfection, every missed gym session, every freckle that dared to show its face. Scrolling through social media wasn't much better. Everyone seems to be living these perfect, curated lives, while I'm here struggling to keep a straight face during a walk (seriously, that rogue pebble!).

But then I remembered what Ms. Lee said in our self-esteem class today: "True beauty comes from within." It might sound cheesy, but it got me thinking. Maybe I've been so busy comparing myself to others that I've forgotten about the things I actually like about myself.

Maybe self-love isn't some grand gesture, but a collection of tiny moments. It's choosing to wear that outfit that makes me feel confident, even if it's not the latest trend. It's forgiving myself for the occasional indulgence (hello, double chocolate chip cookies!) and focusing on nourishing my body with healthy foods most of the time. It's silencing the inner critic and replacing it with a voice of encouragement.

Speaking of silencing, maybe it's time for a social media detox. All that perfectly filtered happiness can be a mood killer. Instead, I'll call Bella and suggest a walk in the park. Fresh air, good company, and a chance to focus on the real world instead of the curated one.

Tonight, I'll treat myself to a long bath with lavender oil and a calming playlist.  Taking care of myself, physically and mentally, is part of this self-love journey.

This love-myself adventure might not be a straight line, but hey, every journey starts with a single step. Here's to taking mine, one kind thought, one supportive friend call, and one relaxing bath at a time. Maybe someday, when I look in the mirror, I'll see not just my flaws, but a girl who's strong, kind, and worthy of all the love in the world, including her own.

Love,