*Alternative friend*

pov:sabito

I was watching the conversation between Teacher Urokodaki and his granddaughter, which got so intense that the teacher suddenly slapped her! She kept looking in shock at her grandfather with her hand on her cheek, and I, in turn, was shocked.

Urokodaki: Stop planting these ideas in your head.. You are not and will not be the reason for anyone’s departure, but this is a matter of fate.. No matter what happens, we must learn from our mistakes or repeat them
Kaiyo: But now you are repeating the same line
Urokodaki: I have to Kaiyo, there are so many children who want to help and not die! You're not the only one I have to protect
Kaiyo: But!
Urokodaki: Don't be selfish Kaiyo! You should know that the lives of others are as important as yours and the lives of those you love. My crow will be outside, and when he learns that a demon is coming, he will call the nearest swordsman near you. Sabito will also stay with you, so I don’t think there is anything to worry about.
Kaiyo: Who is this Sabito? Why do you trust him?

For the first time, Kaiyo's words provoked me instead of attracting me. Do she mean by these words that I am weak!? Are you making fun of me?! How dare you!!

Sabito: hay!!, you!! What do you mean!!
Kaiyo: How can you trust him so much!! What do you realize!! What if he cannot do anything and becomes a victim in front of those demons!! What if he was devoured in front of me and I couldn't do anything..We are still children...you can't trust us...

I now understand her meaning.. She is afraid, afraid that we will die together and her tragedies from four years ago will come back to her..
The teacher approached Kaiyo and pulled her to his chest, hugging her and patting her head while tears were streaming down her cheeks and trying to hide her sobs. I could not bear this matter, so I left the house to make them feel free, and I stayed outside until the teacher came out.

Urokodaki: Sabito... My granddaughter is in your custody until I return. Take care of her and guard her
Sabito: Of course, teacher.. Don't worry

Then Teacher Urokodaki went and I stayed outside near the house. I did not want to disturb her and gave her privacy with herself. I stayed outside and she stayed inside until darkness fell and I entered the house to eat dinner and sleep.
______________________________

pov: Kaiyo

I was cooking dinner while Sabito sat not long behind me, lying on his back and looking at the roof of the house. We were alone for the first time.

The atmosphere is calm and silent
It's like the calm before the storm
The sound of light wind blowing
And the converging and shrinking clouds
It's like an old memory being rehashed
It is as if the past and present have become one

The silence was broken by Sabito's speech and I looked at him while I was cooking

Sabito: Why are you afraid of the crow?
Kaiyo: Why do you ask?
Sabito: Just out of curiosity, you don't have to talk
Kaiyo: She's just annoying... especially since she has terrified me since childhood, so I have become a habit of being afraid of her...
Sabito: Are you afraid of other things?
Kaiyo: Why do you ask?
Sabito: Oh sorry, I think I invaded your privacy

I felt his words pierce my heart
His questions were not unintentional
As if he wanted to know everything about me
But I still don't know why

I was going to serve dinner, but suddenly the door of the house fell hard on the ground, making us stand still in shock and panic..That creature was in front of my eyes, while Sabito could not turn around to see that creature because he knew that if he turned around, it might attack him.