Part 2

Taylor's pov

It has been a few months since I had first met Addison, I hadn't seen any other side to her than a sweet little angel so I had no idea what Travis had been talking about saying she can be quite bratty. I had recently had them move into my apartment with me and we really were getting on so well. Addison especially loved the cats.

Since she didn't really have many toys here we collectively decided that she could go to the toy store, however she had a money limit and couldn't spend over that as we didn't want to spoil her too much. I tried my best to keep back from the parenting side and leave it down to Travis however the limit on money had been my idea.

As we walked in she immediately ran off, nowhere to be seen. At first Travis was fine with it however eventually he began to worry and started running around looking for her. His panic was evident and I needed to help him out so I split off from him and ran around looking for her also.

I eventually found her driving around in a toy car that she shouldn't have been in. "Addison please can you step out of the car, your daddy is worrying about you." I told her. She just got out and followed me back to Travis.

"What were you thinking about running away like that! You can't just leave us Addison I thought you had been taken or lost forever! You're having $50 no more now!" He told her. We had agreed on $150 but clearly she wasn't even getting that.

Addison began to cry, kick and scream wanting her full money amount back and thinking it could get her way. I could tell why she would believe this because I could see Travis beginning to cave. He really had been giving her everything she wanted.

"Travis do not cave." I whispered to him. He nodded a little.

"What do I do Tay?" He asked me and I sighed a little.

"Do you trust me to handle this?" I asked him, he nodded and stepped aside so I moved over to Addison and knelt in front of her, holding her hands so that she had no choice to look at me.

"Okay Addison, you're going to listen to me and you are going to make a decision right now for me. You can either stay and have the $50 to get some toys and stop throwing a tantrum or we can leave right now and you can go home and have a time out. What do you want?" I told her calmly. She began to scream louder so I nodded and stood up, picking her up despite the kicking and scratching. She tried to hit and bite me but I kept my expression blank and buckled her in before closing the door and turning to Travis.

He looked concerned and suddenly began apologising for how she was being but I just laughed a little. "Don't worry Travis I've got this. Are you okay if I sort her out when we get home too?"

I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable with me taking over in this situation so I just wanted to double check with him to be on the safe side. She agreed and we made our way home. The louder she screamed the louder the radio got to drown it out.

Once we got in I helped her out of the car before walking inside with her and taking her to a corner where I placed a chair. I instructed her to sit down but she continued to refuse. "Addison it's two minutes here and then you are done with the time out, the longer you mess around the more minutes that will be added on."

I was being so stern and I hated it but tough love was needed sometimes. She cried a little and sat down so I smiled and went to another room and talked to Travis. Once two minutes had ended I made my way back over.

"Okay Addie, do you want to tell me what you do wrong and why you're on time out?" I asked her and she nodded a little, reaching her arms out for a hug. I placed my hand on her shoulder to stop her coming closer and explained that I needed her to talk to me not try to act cute.

"I ran away, had a tantrum and hit and bite and kicked you and screamed at you." She explained and I smiled a little, she had learnt sometiming from the time out. I just nodded at her. "Okay so what can you do to fix this?"

"Say sorry." She muttered. I nodded and took her over to Travis where she apologized before coming to me and doing the same. She put on an overly cute voice to try and make me accept it easier. I just knelt down and smiled before hugging her a little.

We all sat down to watch a film before I heard Addison to my right talking to Travis. "Can I go to toy store?" She asked. I gave Travis the look and he sighed a little. "Ask Tay Tay."

Great, now I have to be the bad guy. I guess someone has to teach her though. She turned to me with pleading eyes and I had to use everything in me to deny her. I'd never ever lectured a child before but I couldn't watch him complain about her attitude and see her get everything she wants at the drop of a hat.

"Nope, you didn't behave so you don't get it. If would have calmed down at the store then maybe I would have let you but hitting biting and kicking isn't going to get you anywhere in life. Do you understand?" I told her. She nodded a little and sat beside me, laying her head on my arm.

It was interesting how soon she became attached to me and I hadn't really expected it. Luckily I was ready to step up and get close with her and help Travis out however she was always not attached even after a few weeks of seeing her every few days. I did love her little bond with me but it did mean that I had to put myself in a role that I didn't think I was ready for at all.

Finally once she had gone off to her room to play and had accepted the consequences of her actions I cuddled up to Travis. "Thank you so much for that. I don't know what I'm doing if I'm honest." He told me.

"Things are going to change Travis. If you want to raise a humble and grounded child then I mean it, you learn to punish her because I can't do this every time she will hate me. I'm supposed to be your girlfriend so me doing this for you every time will not help anything you will just confuse her." I explained. I loved helping but it really was time for Travis to stop hiding away from confrontation with her especially since she is only two.