Chapter 31 : Pain or Deeds

A car was parked near the farmhouse where Sathi lived. A man stepped out of the car, locking it behind him. He walked towards the main door and rang the bell.

Manu came to open the door. She recognized the familiar face. "Sanskar bhai."

"Yes, I am here to see Sathi," Sanskar said.

"Y-you are he-here to see her," Manu stammered.

"Yes, I know her. She used to be my classmate," he added.

Manu let Sanskar inside and led him to Sathi's room. Sathi was sitting on the couch, holding her knees, staring outside the glass window. Manu left the room, and Sanskar knocked gently on the door.

"Sathi?" Sanskar's voice was soft but clear.

Sathi turned slowly, her eyes widening in surprise. "Sanskar? What are you doing here?"

Sanskar bent down in front of Sathi and asked gently, "How are you?"

Sathi couldn't say anything. She was already broken. What could she say after all this chaos? She tried to muster a sad smile and nodded as if she was fine. But deep down, Sanskar knew she wasn't.

Sanskar knew Sathi well; they had spent a lot of time together in college. He knew how she could fake things. He also knew that Sathi had liked him and had suffered a lot because of him. But Sanskar couldn't accept Sathi because he was already engaged to Sahara.

Sanskar had a soft corner for Sathi, but his family had arranged his engagement with Sahara when he was just 20. Like Sathi, he couldn't go against his father's wishes.

Sanskar held Sathi's hands and said, "How are you dealing with Ayaan after all this? You know he's stubborn."

In a soft, weak voice, Sathi replied, "I know, but I never thought he would abandon me like this."

"Sathi, if he doesn't come back..." Sanskar started, but Sathi immediately interrupted him with a stern voice. "He will come back."

"Will you help me?" Sathi asked, looking at him with soft eyes. Her tears rolled down as if she didn't stop it will become a new river.

Sanskar felt pity for her. Seeing her tears, he couldn't hold himself back. He stood up and gently kissed her, a soft, lingering peck on her lips. Sathi didn't pull away because she knew he was just concerned about her. There were no romantic feelings, just empathy.

Tears streamed down Sathi's face. Sanskar pulled back, his eyes filled with concern and guilt. "I'm sorry, Sathi. I just... I couldn't see you in so much pain."

Sathi wiped her tears, trying to compose herself. "It's okay, Sanskar. I understand."

Sanskar took a deep breath. "I'll do everything I can to help you, Sathi."

Sathi nodded, feeling a bit of relief.
Sanskar is Best friend of Ayaan but hated Ayaan's decision. He knew if he didn't stop, Sathi would be hurt and Sanskar couldn't see her get hurted anymore because he knew he has done so many things which hurted Sathi.

-------

Soon Sanskar left the house and went to Ayaan's office. When got inside, he smells cigarette all over the room.
Ayaan who was sitting on his desk, smoking calmly.

"Just stop that, Ayaan." Sanskar got inside the room and frustratedly shouts at him. Ayaan made his eyes towards him. He scanned his whole body. This Ayaan was something different, he's not the sweetest Ayaan anymore.

Sathi's deeds, which he's thinking made him do that. He now feel like, what made you do that. Is that because she had to marry him but was not interested or she loved Sanskar and she couldn't live without him. But what about the moments that he spent with her. He was thinking too stupid but he didn't want to make her feel more depressed anymore.

"Did you like my wife's lips? I know you liked it." He painfully smirked looking straight at him. Yeah Ayaan knows everything, he even attached CCTV footage, so that he can see her wife. Her every moments. It was sure he crazyly love her and wanted to make sure she was protected.

This time Sanskar who was standing infront of his desk made his way towards his friend. "See, she needs you." His voice was full of concern.

This time Ayaan didn't say anything to him but made one finger action which meant that just leave. Sanskar shook his head in disappointment and left, but he was not ready to leave this situation.

Ayaan smoked once letting the smoke of the cigeratte flow in the air. He chuckled for his loss. He was right, he never deserved love, that was his mindset.