Chapter 20

"Ah, then would you please tell the first prince? He must have had a hard time because of me, but he took great care of me."

"You don't have to worry about that either."

Valery's expression grew darker and darker. I think I know a little bit why he's making that face, but isn't it too obvious?

"If Your Highness says so, I won't bother you then. Above all, I'm most grateful to Your Highness. Thanks to you, I don't think any scars will be left, and I felt comfortable during the treatment. Probably because I felt more awkward with the first prince."

His stiff expression slowly loosened and melted.

"I'll take you back."

"Aren't you busy?"

"This is the most important thing for me."

After a bit of arguing, he managed to take me home. It wasn't known whether the carriage I rode before, which had almost been destroyed in half, was still in the middle of the road or had returned home. If I wait a little while, they will send the carriage to me again, but Valery was a little faster than that. From the carriage to the house, his worries were endless. It was hard to prevent him from taking me to my room, saying he worried my wound would open.

After returning home, I immediately immersed myself in a bathtub filled with cold water that had no warmth. As I immersed myself in the freezing cold water, countless emotions that had sprung up like thorns quickly died down. Perhaps because it touched the water, the bandage wrapped around my wound was getting darker and redder. Blood spilled out of the knee that had been treated before.
Again, my wound was opened, so I looked at it and pressed it down. After seeing a little more blood oozing out, I stood up. Came out wearing the robe from my maid. Ian was waiting in front of the door.

"Lady, are you okay?"

Damn, he's asking this question too soon.
"I'm not okay."

Ian bowed his head.

"... I'm sorry. My thoughts were short."

"Don't tell my mother that I'm hurt. Even an idiot can do that, right?"

I shot back at him angrily, returned to my room, and sat down as soon as he closed the door. As I hugged my injured knee earlier, I finally felt the tolerable pain.

"I'm going to die from the pain."

But I was so depressed that I hugged my knees and buried my head in my arms.

* * *

"Thank you for accepting my invitation."

"Thank you for inviting me."

Despite the accident yesterday, I attended a Juri del Chartero's tea party the next day. Of course, with a little present for Juri. And wearing a fancy dress that Blake Ariandel would wear and gave a smile. Juri grabbed my hand and dragged me.

"Come on in. After that day, I had a lot of things I wanted to ask. I've been waiting for today."
Today, the story of me with Valery will be the main one. I had a hunch that it would be a bit of a headache.

There were two other people at the tea party besides the host, Juri del Chartero. Coincidentally, like Juri, they were all the eldest daughters of the family. Meri Delphon, the eldest daughter of Marquis Delphon, who supplies weapons to the Imperial Palace, and Ellabrihi Hemel, the eldest daughter of Count Hemel, who is said to have a wide plain in the west. It may be just me, but the two seemed to be wary of me, but because Juri invited me by herself, they couldn't say their words.

It didn't matter. All I needed was Juri del Chartero. The other one is rather a nuisance. Still, if I need them, this is necessary. Since I had prepared gifts for five people in advance, I was worried about what to do if there were more, but three were perfect. I took out the gifts for them.