Chapter 21

"Are you okay?"

Ian, who was sitting opposite me, quickly stood up to me.

I pressed my left chest hard and ordered him to sit with my other hand. Fortunately, the pain subsided quickly.

Ah, don't tell me. It's not like my power is going to manifest.

"Nothing to worry about. It's just that all of a sudden, I'm feeling frustrated. I must have drunk too much wine earlier."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"What do you listen to me for? More than that, Ian, what should I do tomorrow?"

Ian sat back on the chair again when I asked with a straight back as if I had never done so.

"There's a meeting with the two princes."

"...Okay. Did Sir Shubart offer lunch the next day?"

"Yes, that's right."

"Have you heard of my mother coming?"

"He didn't say anything."

Then there's still time here.

"Tell me as soon as you hear the news of my mother coming."

"Yes."

Actually, Ian was the most troublesome. He's honest, but I can't do anything in the capital because it seems he will report every move to Sir Shubart. But that doesn't mean...

"Do you have anything to do?"

Ian asked as if my staring gaze were burdensome. I shrugged my shoulders.

"No."

I turned my head to the window. It was because the pain had risen again, and I wanted to hide my expression, so I couldn't find any more words to say.

"You can order anything."

"What?"

I turned my head away and looked at him again. Aren't we done talking?

"I'll do anything."

"... you're going to do anything?"

"Yes, I'll do whatever you ask me to do."

What does it mean?

It was hard to tell if it was only to comfort me or if it was sincere. There is a high probability that it will be the former, but if it is the latter, his life will be in jeopardy.

It was hard to tell whether it was a mouthful or a sincere sound. It would be the former with a high probability, and his life would be in danger if he said the latter.

"...well, all right."

The pain in my heart started again, and the fever began to rise. I couldn't control my expression anymore, so I bit my mouth until it bled and turned my head.

* * *

Valery wanted to get rid of the awkwardness that we hadn't met in a long time. It was just that we were busy and didn't have time for each other. He's sorry, didn't know what to do, and thought it could be resolved by taking me to the places I had never been to in my life.
Valery was the first considerate person I had met in my life. He was very nice and, above all, careful with me. At the same time, he often blushed and was ashamed in front of me because he couldn't control the emotions rising from one side of his chest

"Is your injured leg okay?"

"Yes, it's getting much better. The scar is almost gone. It must have been thanks to Your Highness."