Chapter 22

“There’s another place I want to show you.”

“Where?”

This place is already cute, but there’s another one?

Valery seemed excited about something from the moment he came here. He took me here and there as if he was opening a treasure chest he had cherished, and I guess he had something else to show me.

I didn’t hate his reaction. It was rather fresh. It wasn’t bad to be biased toward pleasant emotions without measuring back and forth. So I followed his lead with ease.

He took me to the third floor, the tallest place in the building. It is a triangular building that gets narrower as you go up, so when you reach the third floor, it is reduced to half the size of the first floor.

However, there was no room but an empty space surrounded by windows on all sides. This place was decorated like an indoor garden. The curtains were all thin and bright, and there was a tea table on one side and a huge sofa where several people could rest.

“…I like it here the most.”

“I thought so.”

Valerie’s expression became brighter.

“Can I sit on the sofa?”

“Of course.”

I sat on the sofa by the window and beckoned Valery to come. Then he blushed slightly and came to sit next to me. Even when he sits, he’s still so tall that my head is in line with his shoulders.

“Did the Empress read you a book here?”

Then Valery looked surprised.

“How did you know?”

“It’s just… I think the sun is coming in the best here. The sofa is as soft as a bed. Perhaps Your Highness used to sleep on Her Majesty’s lap and listen to fairy tales.”

Then he laughed pleasantly.

“That’s right. How about you?”

“Pardon?”

I asked stupidly, not knowing what he asked.

“Blake, what was your childhood like? I think we’ve been talking about me for a while.”

“Ah, me.”

When I was with other people, I looked like I was really Blake Ariandel, so it didn’t matter much. But this man saw me in the North, and his original personality was mixed up, so I felt like my conscience was stabbed a little. The more we met, the more I felt like that.

“Since I was young, my father worried about me because I was weak. He was also busy filling my mother’s vacancy. Nevertheless, I received a lot of love and am always happy.”

Lies came out easily.

Valery leaned more towards me. As if he’s going to listen in more detail and be more focused.

“My father gave me a different flower every day. I like flowers because they’re colorful.”

“Do you like flowers? Even now?” Valery asked with delight.

He added the question why do I like it so much?
“Um, yes. Because it’s pretty. And fragrant.”

“I see. That’s a relief.”

“Pardon?”

I tilted my head because I didn’t know what he was talking about.

After pulling the string next to the sofa, his aide brought the tea a little later. Before going up the stairs, they spoke briefly, and Valery must be asking for this. After drinking the warm tea, my body became slightly relaxed, which had always been tense.