Chapter 30

I've linked some official Star Guardian cinematics at the end of the chapter for anyone who wants to check them out. You'll find some familiarity in some of them (totally not cos I copied them or anything)

---

It's funny how things go back to the beginning. And by funny...

The group evaded another attack from Keigo, (M/N) ducked behind a pile of black and white marble. The same one he saw in that dream. Turns out it was in Toga's realm, though he wasn't all that surprised.

I mean the absolute worst.

"This is boring. Don't you want to, I dunno, just give up and die already?" Keigo said.

Keigo was single-handedly holding off all of them. Nemuri, Kyoka, Denki, Mirio, Nejire and Tamaki. It wasn't enough. (M/N) knew first-hand that corruption increased a Star Guardian's power, but even this seemed unbelievable. It didn't help that the corruption inside (M/N) had been pushing to take over ever since he returned to this horrendous place, like tiny little hands scratching to get out. But he refused to give in. He had to be strong. For his team. For Keigo.

"That's not gonna happen, you idiot. We're going to bring you back to the light," (M/N) said.

"That's still your goal? Damn, talk about tunnel vision," Keigo laughed. "Especially since you know you're just like me."

Nejire stepped up. "(M/N) isn't anything like you! He's good and loyal and will do anything to save the people he loves. Even jerks like you!"

"Nejire is correct," Tamaki added.

"You got that right," Mirio said.

(M/N) smiled. He was glad he found these guys, they really had helped him more than he could imagine.

"Time to end this, guys. Now!" (M/N) shouted.

Everyone fired off their starlight. A beautiful amalgamation of rainbow light morphing together as it flew through the dark and gloomy realm. It converged on Keigo in a bright explosion. The group shielded themselves from the dust that shrouded the area afterwards.

"Did we get him?" Nemuri asked.

The dust cleared and there stood Keigo, not a scratch on his body.

"Good show. For a bunch of amateurs."

"We hit him with everything and he's still standing?" Kyoka said in disbelief.

"Chaos and evil, Kyoka. They help you grow up big and strong! Though not for you, it seems," Keigo mocked. He formed a black ball of magic in his hand. "So... who wants to dance?"

This was an all or nothing mission. They had given it their all, and it still wasn't enough. But (M/N) wouldn't believe it had been for nothing.

"You know what? I think I do," (M/N) said. "This time, I'll lead."

Keigo scowled. "You already had your turn."

Nemuri shrouded the group in mist, cutting off Keigo's sight.

"The mist will hide us, but not for long," Nemuri said. "Now would be a good time for that plan of yours, (M/N)."

"You can't hide in there forever!" Keigo's voice echoed.

"You know Keigo better than the rest of us. What do we do?" Denki asked.

(M/N) brought his hands to his forehead. "Let me think..."

He thought back to that last battle in Valoran City. Where Keigo sacrificed himself to save them all from Toga. How he took the corruption out of (M/N). That gave him a thought.