Chapter 3: Trust Issues

~𝑺𝒐𝒓𝒂~

  The more I stayed in this house the more stiff I became. Jeon was a little bit weirder these days; he's communicating with me so much. I feel so scared somehow or rather uncomfortable. Maybe it's the fact my old rival/bully has a crush on me and I'm living at his place. My plan is to somehow earn enough to move out of here but in the meantime... I have to socialize with one of America's royalty. I sighed as I sat at home watching and browsing through the channels. With over 60 channels and yet, none has seemed to amuse me. I feel bored, and a light bulb then lit on top of my head. I opened his streaming app, WatchMe. I looked through his account and saw multiple action movies, thrillers, and romances. I went to his favorites list and it had an old 2000s series called Tomorrow's Love is Today. The context of the story is about someone travelling from the past and falling in love with some guy from the future.

I really felt more uncomfortable with the favourites list. It even had the popular The Duke That Killed Me, a popular franchise among teens today. A thriller romance doesn't seem to fit my liking. I feel like I'm cringing more as I scroll. The list continues with retro stuff and weird genres I've never dared to watch or read. I feel like chewing on the remote. I didn't know Jeon was a hopeless romantic. I get why he's obsessed with me. By looking at this list, he's not only a hopeless romantic but a geeky guy too. He watches sci-fi, adventure, and pure fantasy movies but some of these titles seem to date back years ago. His account is messy. But the geeky stuff seems awkwardly fitting. When we were in high school, I overheard him with some other nerds talking about retro movies back in the 1990s. Not only that he had stickers on his science notebook with sci-fi-like characters.

Click!

Jeon enters the house with a guest. She had a messy brunette bun tied and had a folder piled with papers. I could only imagine the work she does at Ink Bit. I then got up and shook hands with her. Her round glasses make her look younger but her eye bags look deeply dark. It makes sense she doesn't sleep much.

" Sora, this is Giana, my senior secretary at work."

" Name's Giana, nice to meet you alas. Jeon tells much about you like it's a hobby," She sounded like she had this accent in her speech. It's not as obvious but it's some of the words she pronounces.

" Miss Giana, are you foreign by any chance?" I was curious and I plastered a smile so it didn't seem offensive.

" Oh you're very observant but nope. I'm an American Brazilian kinda like that but I grew up with a totally pure Brazilian grandpa so my influence with speech was with him." She never took any offense to my question, what a relief.

Giana was a very interesting person. She lived in Greece for six years and came back with a small habit of slurring her words which sounds more like a Spanish accent than Greek. I got confused but in the end, I looked it up and many say it sounds kinda similar to Spanish. I enjoyed the extra company and I have somebody else to talk to aside from Jeon. It feels better having someone to be called a 'friend'.

'Friend'? That's the first time I've been called one.

" Sora, can I ask you somethin'? Are you somehow in love with Jeon?"

I coughed into my drink. Woah! In love? That was never the word to start with me and him. I looked at her like it was a joke to me. I literally spat the second time she asked. I looked at her with an awkward smile.

" Nah. We're friends of a sort. I dunno it's hard to be in a relationship with this guy," Luckily Jeon left us to buy food. I was okay sharing but at the same time, it's just that weird tingle up my spine. I don't have feelings for him but friend is also a strong word to use. I think acquaintance sounds better.