Chapter 4: The Workspace

~𝑺𝒐𝒓𝒂~

We arrived the next day at this oddly yet, amazing building. Some of the windows were built out and in with a colourful palette painted on them. The colors and window arrangement made it look untidy but it was formed to represent the first game that Mr. Han played Colour Block when he was a kid. We entered the building and my eyes witnessed the magnificent. The walls were painted with reference to games the company has developed over the years. I felt like I was in gaming heaven. The floors were fully carpeted, the walls shining with the LED lights, and giant figure displays of game characters. I was frozen in place with my jaw gaping open. Jeon stared at me with a smirk on his face. I unfroze and came back to reality.

  "You look... happy and amused. It's been a while since I've seen you smile."

  "I've got the right to choose when to smile, creep." I shot daggers into his face with my glance. Gosh! He really can smoothly talk me into this kind of stuff.

  He scoffed at me and I heard a muffled chuckle under his breath. I couldn't help but feel this fuzzy warmth inside of me. I pinched myself to remind myself that I had to keep my distance from Jeon as much as I could. Keeping a distance could save my ass from fucking this dude. I mean, I'm straight, right? I could never fall for this runt. He forever and will be the same since high school; a flirt, perfect little boy, rich, stuck-up bitch. He doesn't deserve anyone's love and attention. All he deserves is a big fat punch in the face.

  He laughs at me like he's a little miss-perfect, laughing at people who rank below him with his fan club haunting the halls for him. I'd be caught dead having sex with this man or even anyone could. He's the devil. Mark my words because he is.

  As we got up to the main office floor, everyone stood from their place and greeted Jeon like he was the president of America. Some even smiled at him with a little courtesy bow. What is this? I've never worked in an office but TV is my only place where I get influence from them and this was not what they taught me. It was a whole new genre. We entered his office and boy oh boy was his office the dream of mine. It had this fun vibe coming from it; the retro arcade machine, posters of movies with goofy ass cartoons, figurines that represented all the company's game characters, there was a poster of their theme park in San Francisco and the walls were painted with bright colours. It's like stepping into my dream office, if I do get a job at one. I ran to the brown leathered couch set in the middle of the room and threw myself onto it. The floor had this aesthetical mat that was brown and kind of beach sand coloured. It blends in well with the floor. Jeon looks at the office like it is an asylum or a dungeon. It looks nothing like what he was giving off, wrinkled up with his mouth frowning.

  "Do you hate this place that much?"

  "I just don't like to be reminded of my father's passing. This place has all the memories of him. It's either with me or him. It's a pain stepping into here with memories so precious here but him gone." His fingers touch the arcade machine like it is fragile. "I mean, you wouldn't understand. You have no dad in your life."

Oh no he didn't! Did he just roast me with my lack of attention in life? Because I know what I heard and I felt like I was punched through the roof. My eyes popped out of my head at that sentence. I took the small pillow at the corner of the couch and threw it at him. He hissed at me for throwing it at him. Serves you right Jeon Yeong-Lee! Of course, I'm aware I had no father figure in life but please don't use it against me. It hurts not having one because firstly, my mom hated having me into the world and secondly, I'm not as lucky as this fella who can have the whole world serving him with the swish of his fingers.

  Jeon took off his jacket and sat at his table, the chair made a small squeaky sound. It's either he's too heavy or the chair is about to break and dismantle automatically anytime soon. His green eyes were focused on me and his lips parted wanting to say something but shut as he was hesitant.