Chapter 5: Family Mishap

~𝑱𝒆𝒐𝒏~

  Sora, why do you cry so much? It hurts to see you like this...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

He was frozen in place, his face stained in tears. Sitting there with him was the best I could do even if I tried talking to him he wouldn't reply. Blank, in a daze he was. Sora was just there being consumed by his deadly thoughts. He would spit out random death thoughts aloud, I wanted to call him out but I had no heart to. Was it my fault that I saved him from jumping off his apartment building that day? I felt like it was. I can't even answer that.

I stood up from my seat and left him to think. I went out to see my PA typing aggressively on his phone. His eyes were glued to it like he applied bear glue or something. One side of my mouth moved up, I folded my arms until he caught me watching him. Gosh! He must be busy with his wife and newly born daughter.

"You look busy. Is everything alright?" I said.

"Holy-! Lord, stop scaring me like that! Yes, everything is dope over here. I dunno. Seriously Olivia is at home freaking out about Rebecca's lost pacifier. She is bugging me right now," he scoffed.

"Hey, you wanna go for lunch with me? I'm offering by the way."

"Am I in trouble? Like I feel that I am."

"Nope. I just want someone to talk to that's all."

We headed down to Lazy Sunday Cafe and ordered an easy meal. I drank my iced caramel macchiato and sighed heavily. Ryder was giving me the dad look or the what's wrong look. Maybe I see it like it's a dad thing or I'm being delusional.

"What's wrong?"

"I didn't say anything," I glanced around the surroundings.

"Yeah right. Look I know that sight and if heard anywhere, especially when you're in trouble. Come on, spill it."

I told him briefly what happened and all I got was a huff. Ryder then shook his head. I don't even know if he understood me. He twirled his straw around in his drink and stayed silent. Like, hello? Are you even going to answer me? He just couldn't make up a sentence. He stood there quietly and suddenly changed the topic. I just played along and listened to his never-ending bragging about how cute his baby girl was. He'd scroll pictures of her endlessly on his phone so much for him being a listening ear. We finished and went our way back to work. While walking back, I had this deep negative feeling about something and it wasn't about Sora. It was something else but what?

We reached the entrance and I saw a white Mercedes sitting just right outside the entrance. My eyes popped out like they were about to roll off my face. I dashed into the office like a bullet train. I knew it! Something was up and it's not good. I have to quickly get to my office.

I arrived there, panting and sweat dripping from my face. I saw my brother and my body temperature dropped. I was in horror. He was talking to Sora and he had this smirk on his face that made me flare up on the inside. The most annoying thing was that Sora looked comfortable talking to that fucker. I stormed up to him and yanked his t-shirt collar. He hissed with amusement. His hands pushed me away as I stared at him with a venomous glance. Arthur, my eldest brother, was cracking up under his palms that were placed on top of his mouth. He was as twisted as the screws in a toolbox. He glanced over to Sora who was staring at us confused. Arthur was signalling me.