20

It's been a few weeks. Arsenal lost out on the title by 1 point, it's hard knowing I won't play for them again but now, I have a new job opportunity, with Arsenal. Leah doesn't know, but I'm waiting to tell her after the wedding, which is tomorrow. We have our honeymoon then we are back to work, my mum and dad are currently staying with us for the wedding since their house is in Chester, Amanda and David are round constantly, everyone is making sure that everything goes smoothly.
I've also planned another surprise for Leah. She thinks that her brother, Jacob can't be at the wedding because he plays in Australia, but he's coming. He'll be there, and she has no idea.

Leah: baby, I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?
Maddie: why? What's tomorrow?
Leah: funny.
Maddie: I wouldn't miss it for the world.
I kiss her softly before she goes to stay at her mums for the night. This isn't a traditional wedding, however, this will make it so much more special.
Leah: I love you.
Maddie: I love you too.

She leaves with her mum and dad.
Louise: right my darling girl, Gemma will be here soon.
Maddie: okay.
Michael: what's wrong princess?
Maddie: I'm just glad you're here to see this mum.
Louise: hey, I'll be here, for everything, the doctors are hopeful okay?
Maddie: okay.

We have a chilled night, watching movies and telling stories of me and Leah. Most of them about Leah being an idiot, falling off her bike or almost burning the house down.

The next day rolls around quickly. I'm up early. 7am, I have my hair and makeup done, then it's time for my dress. My dad leaves the room, I want him to see it alone, with my brother. Mum and Gem help me get ready.

Gemma: you look perfect Mads.
Louise: you really do.
Maddie: you think so?
Louise: it's true.
Maddie: thanks
Louise: Mike! James! Are you ready?
They shout yes back. I walk through and down the stairs. My dad has tears in his eyes.
Michael: wow.
James: you look insane.
I smile at them.
Michael: you look so beautiful Maddie.
I thank them and hug them both.

We all head to the venue. It's a hotel not too far from London, Leah stayed there last night but I wanted to stay at home.

Leah's POV:

I'm all ready, and waiting for Maddie to turn up.
Leah: she'll turn up, right?
Amanda: bubba, of course she will.
Leah: you sure?
Amanda: she has a surprise for you first though.
Leah: huh?
Amanda: she's had this planned for a while.
Leah: okay?
Someone puts their arm around my shoulder.
Jacob: alright sis.
I turn around in complete shock.
Leah: Jacob!
I hug him tightly, he picks me up.
Leah: eh-how, what?!
Jacob: Maddie sorted it all, I'm here for today, and tomorrow.
Leah: she's the best.
Jacob: she really is, you really think I'd miss my sister getting married?
Leah: well I know how it is.
Jacob: not in a million years would I miss this.
I hug him again, mum and dad hug us both.
I get the signal that she's here.
Everyone gets to their seats and stands up.
I take a deep breath and wait for the doors to open.
Gemma walks down first and smiles at me. I smile back. She nods subtly so I know Maddie is ready for this too.
Another deep breath.
Louise walks down with the biggest grin on her face. She touches my arm before going to her seat.
Then I see my beautiful fiancée.
She's clutching onto Michael tightly. He's smiling. She's smiling.
I start tearing up. She looks so perfect. Her dress matching her figure perfectly. I didn't think she could look anymore perfect.
She walks down, meeting me at the end. Michael hugs her, I hug him too.
Leah: you look beautiful.
Maddie: thanks baby, you do too.
I wipe a few more tears away before it all starts.