Confession

CHAPTER 3 AND FINALE: Confession

A week had passed since Snivy and Oshawott agreed to have a sleepover in each other's house. Just then, many secrets and trivia were revealed between the two, especially it showed how they lived habitually. For both, it was a nice experience where they learned each other's customs. What surprised Oshawott the most was the revelation that he was in love with princess Snivy. Something incredible for him, it was something he didn't accept in that moment. With the pass of the days, he was slowly accepting his love for her, and was gathering courage to tell her that he loved her.

One day, Oshawott went to the Arbor Area for something. In that moment, Bisharp with the Pawniard stopped him. The otter said to him he wanted to talk with the princess Snivy in private, if it was possible. Since he was a friend of the princess, he let him pass and sent one of his patrols to tell her about Oshawott's arrival. He was looking around, waiting that she came while he had his arms behind his back, until the grass snake arrived with him. He had to be brave to tell her what he wanted to say. He tried to keep calm all the time. He had to do it well.

"Morning, Oshawott," she greeted to her Pal.

"Go-good mo-morning, Sni-vy," He was very nervous to talk normally.

"We haven't seen each other for a long time."

"Ye-yeah. Ma-many d-days with-without s-s-seeing each oth-other."

"It's nice to see you again, what were you doing all this time?"

"M-m-me? I-I was ju-just wal... walking ar-ar-around the Co-cove Are-area."

"Hmm... very typical of you."

Oshawott was sweating from nervousness.

"And why did you want to see me?"

"W-well... the thing is... I... I..."

The words didn't want to go out from his mouth. No matter how he tried, they aren't going to go out well from there. Blushing a lot and closing completely his eyes, he had no other option than showing her what he had in his hands. With an arm, he nervously showed what he wanted to show her; they were beautiful white flowers.

"Wow, how beautiful flowers."

She was surprised in her inside, she had never seen such beautiful flowers. Oshawott was still with his eye shut, until he heard Snivy's commentary. She asked to him:

"Where did you get them?"

"Fro-fro-from... Umm... from th-the Co-cove Ar-area."

"Really? It's incredible. It's strange to find those flowers in the Arbor Area. How is possible that they have appeared in the Cove Area?"

"I ha-ve no-no-no ide-idea... They w-were over th-there... I don't k-now how...

"Interesting. What are you doing with them?"

Oshawott was very red, sweating in torrents and his eyes very shut down, and to top it all, shaking like he was with a polar cold. It seemed that he was going to crumble in any second, but he had to hold it and say what he wanted too much. He had to tell it now.

"I brought... this.... flowers... because... I... I... I..."

He had to resist a bit more, there was little left to say. Just a little more. His mind shouted encouragement to confess it once and for all. His voice was getting smaller and acuter more and more.

"I... wa-wanted to kn-n-n-now... if you... if you... if you..."

He had the words on the tip of his tongue, the problem was he was too nervous to say it in front. Almost there. All his body and mind shouted to him to do it now or never, don't let nervousness and fear play trick on him. He didn't stand anymore. After struggling himself to say what he wanted, he finally said calmly:

"If you... know the name of these flowers."

What was that? What did he just say? I can't believe it, I can't believe it! Are you kidding, Oshawott?!

"Umm... what?" Snivy expressed confused.

"If you know the name of these flowers."

She observed Oshawott: he was shaking violently, with his head heating and red hot. He suddenly opened shyly his eyes and gave a nervous smile. Something wrong happened to her Pal. She never saw him so tense, he seemed he was going to collapse in any moment. Snivy suppose that he was too nervous to ask her the name of the flowers. Getting so agitated over a simple question?

"So much row you made for that? Just to know a flowers' name?"

"...yes..." he said weakly.

"So you found the flowers, and immediately you headed to me to know their name, right?"

"...yes... exactly..."

"And you wanted to ask me because I'm a grass type, right?"

"Aaahh... aahhh..."

"You thought that, for being a grass type, I was going to know the name of these flowers, didn't you?"

Tremendous mess that he had gotten into. Oshawott didn't know what words to choose to speak, he felt he was going to explode in the inside.

"...no... it was a...mere... coincidence..."

Snivy felt really bad for Oshawott, he seemed he was suffering in the inside for wanting to know the flowers' name. She didn't want to see him so tense and nervous.

"Well, Oshawott. If it makes you feel better, the name of those flowers is gardenia. Did you listen well? They're called gardenias."

"...yes... I listened well..."

"Do you need me to repeat it again?"

"...no... thanks..."

"OK, I already satisfy your curiosity, now you can leave. Bye, Oshawott."

Snivy turned around to go back.

"Keep... them..."

Those words made her stop. She turned around again.

"Excuse me?" she asked to him.

"Keep... the... flowers..."

"What? So you want me to keep with your flowers?"

"...yes... accept... them..."

"Umm... Why? Weren't those your flowers? Why don't you keep them?

"...I don't... want them... I... wanna... give them... to you..."

"Do you wanna give them to me, Oshawott?"

"... yes... accept it... please..."

"OK..." The grass snake was very doubtful with his proposal, "Thank you... I guess... Are you sure you're alright?"

"....yes... I'm... fine... don't... worry..."

"Very good, I'm going to keep them very well. Thanks a lot. Bye, Oshawott."

"...Goodbye... Snivy..."

The grass type went to her home with the flowers in hand. Oshawott was there for some stressful seconds, sweating a lot, completely redden, shaking madly, eyes and teeth very clenched. He couldn't stand anymore. He suddenly collapsed to the ground in front. The fall was very hard for him. He wanted to scream to liberate all the stress he had inside. He was in the grass for several minutes. When all the nervousness and tension disappeared, the otter got up from the ground and sat up. He was completely disappointed in the inside and the outside. The fear and the nervousness played tricks with him. It was such that he avoided to tell what he wanted to say initially. Darn it. He had it there and it escaped. Why him? He was very angry with himself, but he wouldn't gain anything complaining himself. The water type supposed that the next time he would do it well and better. He would finally tell her he was in love with her. He didn't want to continue hiding his love anymore, it could even harm his health, both physically and mentally. On another time, when Oshawott gathered enough courage, he would say that to Snivy. He hoped it was like that. And he hoped that she accepts his sincerest feelings that lay deep in his heart.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's all the story, but the sequel eventually will come out. I hope you like it and see you next time.