London

Rebeca’s heart pounded with excitement and curiosity as she handed the letter to her guard. The mystery person’s note had piqued her interest far more than the prospect of yet another party. She knew she had to see this through, no matter what.

The party was in full swing when she arrived. Lights flashed, music blared, and people danced, lost in the moment. Rebeca tried to immerse herself in the energy, but her mind kept drifting to the letter and the promise of an adventure. She spotted Iris and Phoebe near the bar, laughing and enjoying themselves. She joined them, forcing a smile, but her thoughts were elsewhere.

Zach approached her, grinning. “You made it,” he said, leaning in closer than she liked.

“Yeah, I did,” she replied, pulling back slightly. “It’s a great party.”

Zach’s grin widened. “Come on, let’s dance.” He grabbed her hand and led her to the dance floor. Rebeca tried to get into the rhythm, but her mind kept wandering. She needed a break.

After a few songs, she excused herself and slipped outside for some fresh air. The cool night breeze felt refreshing against her skin. She found a quiet spot and pulled out her phone, debating whether to call her friends back home or just take a moment for herself.

Before she could decide, her guard approached her. “Miss, we have to leave for London immediately. Your presence is requested.”

Rebeca’s heart skipped a beat. “Already? That was fast.”

“Yes, Miss. A car is waiting for you.”

Rebeca nodded and quickly texted Iris and Phoebe, letting them know she had to leave unexpectedly. She didn't mention the letter or the mystery game; she wanted to keep it to herself for now. She followed her guard to the car, her mind racing with possibilities.

The drive to the airport was a blur, and before she knew it, she was on a private jet to London. The plane touched down in the early hours of the morning. A car was waiting to take her to an address in the heart of the city.

Rebeca was dropped off in front of an old, elegant townhouse. She approached the door with a mixture of excitement and apprehension. She knocked, and a moment later, the door opened to reveal a tall, well-dressed man with a warm smile.

“Welcome, Rebeca,” he said, extending his hand. “I’m Marcus, your host for this game.”

Rebeca shook his hand, her curiosity growing. “Nice to meet you, Marcus. So, what’s this game about?”

Marcus led her inside. “You’ll find out soon enough. But first, you need to get some rest. Your room is ready.”

Rebeca followed him to a beautifully furnished room. She was exhausted from the flight and the night’s events, so she quickly fell asleep.

The next morning, she woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside her window. She stretched and got out of bed, her mind immediately returning to the game. She dressed quickly and headed downstairs, where Marcus was waiting for her.

“Good morning, Rebeca. Are you ready for the first clue?”

She nodded eagerly. Marcus handed her an envelope. She opened it and found a riddle inside:

"I can be cracked, made, told, and played. What am I?"

Rebeca smiled. She loved riddles. “A joke,” she said confidently.

Marcus nodded. “Correct. Now, your next clue is hidden in a place where you would find the finest books in London.”

Rebeca thought for a moment. “The British Library?”

Marcus smiled. “Exactly. Good luck, Rebeca.”

Rebeca set off for the British Library, her excitement growing with each step. She had no idea what awaited her, but she was ready to find out. As she walked through the streets of London, she felt a sense of freedom and adventure she hadn’t felt in a long time.

Little did she know, this game would lead her to discoveries about herself and her past that she never could have imagined.