three

CHAPTER THREE

"What the hell was it?", Bellamy asked his sister as he cleaned up her leg and I scoffed at him as she hissed in pain. "Yeah, like was it a fish, or a crab. Or like, a shark? No, wait, sharks are in the ocean, not rivers. Was it a snake? It would be a big fucking snake, tho.", I ramlbed as I watched the teeth marks on her leg. Damn, thank God I didn't go with them. I'd be fish food now.

"I don't know.", she answered to both of us, but she smiled as she looked at me. "The others did say it looked like a giant snake." I gasped, hitting the closest person to me, which was Bellamy, with the back of my palm. "It was a giant snake", I say, looking at her than at him. He raised his eyebrows and nodded his head with his lips tight, but I swear I saw a hint of a smile. Octavia did laugh though and that was what I was trying to do, make her stop thinking about the fact Bellamy was cleaning her wound.

"You could've been killed.", he said as he finished wrapping her up. "She would've been if Jasper didn't jump in to pull her out.", Clarke walked up to us and both me and Bellamy starightened up. "You guys leaving? I'm coming too.", Octavia said, trying to get up. But I knew both Bellamy and Clarke would say no.

"I'm here for you.", she said looking at Bellamy and I rolled my eyes. "I hear you have a gun.", she said looking him up and down. Bellamy lifted his shirt up a little bit and showed it to her. "What's the point of a gun if he doesn't know how to use it?", I say and everyone turns to me. I shurg my shoulders. "I'm just saying."

"Follow me.", Clarke says to Bellamy and brushes past me, bumping my shoulder in the process. "And why would I do that?"

"Because you want them to folllow you, and right now, they're thinking only one of us is scared.", Bellamy pursed his lips looking around the camp, his eyes landing on me. "She's right.", he sighed and Octavia gave me a look. "What? She is.", I mumble and look at Calrke, she nods her head, a proud, sly, smile on her lips.

"Can I come?", I ask, not really thinking about it. "Sure.", Clarke said and I nodded my head hurrying after them. They, well, we left in a hurry. Jaha Junior and Calrke first, Bellamy and Murphy behind them and then me, practically rrunning behind them.

"Since when are we in the rescuing bussines, huh?", I could hear Murphy ask. "The Ark thinks the prince is dead. Once they think the princess is too, they'll never come down.", I roll my eyes at his logic and hurry up to stand beside them. "Or, we can just enjoy this fresh air and go help a friend, hmm?", I smile at the two, Bellamy doesn't even spare me a glance and Murphy rolls his eyes. "I'm getting that wristband, even if I have to cut it off her hand." I raise my eyebrows at that.

"Damn Blake. What did you do?", I ask as he hurries up front and hurry after him. "What?", he choked up. "Well, you're so adamant on not wanting the rest of the Ark coming down. There's obviously a reason.", I say, looking straight ahead. "Like you said, sweetheart. Some of us did things the Ark won't be able to forgive.", he says and I slow down as he goes up to Clarke.

Murphy nudges in me in the shoulder. "Are you enjoying your walk?", I look up at him, as I'm a bit shorter. "Of course I am. Don't know when I walked this much the last time.", I say and he chuckles. "Probably when you were running away from the guards.", we laugh as memories flood back. The happy ones when we would ran away from the guards together and the one whee I ran alone. I thought that would be my last time running.

"Why weren't you at the Earth Skills the last week?", he asks me and I shrug. "I dunno. I guess it may have to do something with throwing that shitty monday lunch at a guard.", I say with a smile and he shakes his head. He brings his hand up, brushing away his hair. As he does so, his jacket raises up and reveals the handmade bracelet I did from a few strands of an old shirt.