Making Them Proud

Hey guys 👋🏻

Thank you for choosing to read this story

The above song is 'Zinda' from the movie 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag'

If you like this story then please vote, comment and share with your friends

~~~~~~~

Wonder how long will it take for Mahi to finally make it to the Indian team?

~~~~~~~

Sachin Paaji started helping Mahi train until Jammy Bhai arrived to work on his wicketkeeping technique.

Dada had managed to get the kid on the Bengal team after a special trial so that the team coach could also see what Mahi was capable of.

The team had taken an instant liking to the young man due to his kind and caring nature.

Mahi spent his morning hours with the team doing batting practise and during the evening he would be doing his keeping drills on the practise pitch at home.

Jammy Bhai helped the kid as much as he could because Mahi was quite used to his original technique.

Sachin Paaji couldn't help but admire the young man's curiosity as Mahi would constantly ask questions that forced both him and his best friend to think differently about certain things.

Dada had tried to answer the questions at first, but he lost his patience pretty quickly and was more than happy to introduce the kid to his Jammy.

Jammy Bhai particularly enjoyed his time with this special kid because he loved to try and understand the game plus Mahi would give him a new perspective on things.

~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Cheeku had managed to charm everyone in the Ganguly household and was enjoying the pampering sessions.

Mahi was a little annoyed by the over pampering, but he was also happy to see his baby brother receive the familial love that he deserved.

Cheeku would hang out with his Dona Bhabhi during the day and learn a lot of new things which he would share with his Bhaiya in the evening.

Mahi always tried to give his baby brother some time where it would be just the two of them talking like they used to.

Cheeku would also play with little Sana who was just starting to speak in proper sentences.

Dona Bhabhi spent about an hour every day to teach both the kids something important, while Sana's Dadi would tell them stories to help them learn some valuable lessons.

At night Cheeku would recite the same stories to his Bhaiya and Mahi would remember the time his mother used to tell him those stories.

His baby brother might not remember about their mother, but Mahi was grateful for the fact that his Cheeku was at least getting the same love and care that he dearly missed now.

Sometimes during the weekend when Cheeku would be taking his nap, Mahi would go lie down in his Dona Bhabhi's lap.

Dada found the scene to be quite heartwarming, while Dona Bhabhi would lovingly caress the kid's hair to help him relax.

Being a mother herself, she understood that while Mahi was a little too mature for his age, he did miss being just a kid even if he never said it out loud.

Sometimes when the entire Tendulkar family used to come for a visit, Anjali Bhabhi would join Dona Bhabhi in their mission to pamper Mahi.

Cheeku, Sara, Arjun and Sana would be playing together while the adults would sit together to catch up.