Playing for India

Hey guys 👋🏻

Thank you for choosing to read this story

The above song is 'Besabriyaan' from the movie 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'

If you like this story then please vote, comment and share with your friends

~~~~~~~

It's time for Mahi's debut in the blue jersey

~~~~~~~

The night before his debut, Mahi was about to sleep when he discovered that his baby brother had a fever.

He decided not to disturb anyone else and started doing the usual things he did to bring down the kid's temperature.

Mahi spent the entire night with Cheeku's head in his lap and dosed off quite late at night in the sitting position.

~~~~~~~

The next morning the team was meeting for breakfast before leaving for the stadium when Jammy Bhai noticed that one of the kids was missing.

He turns to Dada and asks, "Have you seen Mahi since this morning?"

Dada shakes his head and replies, "I haven't even heard Cheeku. I don't think they have come down yet."

Sachin Paaji looks confused and says, "But it's not like Mahi to be late. He's extremely punctual despite having to get a kid like Cheeku ready as well."

Jammy Bhai looks concerned and nervously asks, "Do you think something is wrong?"

Dada replies, "We'll check on him. Maybe they're just running late."

Yuvi insists on accompanying them and the four men make their way to Mahi's room.

~~~~~~~

Jammy Bhai is the first one to reach the door as he knocks on the door and calls out to the kids inside.

A few minutes pass but there is no response from inside and now even Dada starts getting worried.

Sachin Paaji goes to get a spare key for the room while the others continue knocking a bit more loudly.

Yuvi tries to look for alternative routes inside the room when the spare key arrives.

Dada immediately opens the door and enters to find the Dhoni siblings sleeping peacefully.

Jammy Bhai notices that the older boy was sleeping in an upright position while the younger lad had a cloth placed on his forehead.

Sachin Paaji moves forward to carefully wake the older kid up while Dada fills up a glass of water for him.

Mahi makes a few whining sounds as he slowly wakes up, feeling the aftereffects of sleeping in an uncomfortable situation.

Dada gives the kid some water which the kid happily accepts before checking on his baby brother.

Jammy Bhai waits for a few moments before he asks, "Cheeku ko kya hua (What happened to Cheeku)?"

Mahi replies, "Kal raat me jab sone jaa raha tha tab dekha ki usko fever hai. Abhi theek hai. (Last night when I was going to bed, I noticed that he had a fever. He's fine now.)"

Dada looks concerned and asks, "Why didn't you call any of us for help?"

Mahi replies, "You needed your rest before the match today. Besides I had everything under control."