Chapter 5

We are watching The Grudge. A scary movie. I don't like scary movies.... I cuddle close to Dan after we finish eating. I was practically sitting on his lap by the end. The boys are laughing.

"You scared, Joey?" Dan ask, pulling me onto his lap. I bury my face into his neck and I don't plan on coming out. Honestly I wasn't that scared, but Dan didn't treat me like a child if I was scared.

"I wanted to watch Bambi or some Disney movie.... I just came here to have a good time...." I mumble which makes the boys laugh more.

"What's your favorite Disney movie?" Dan asks.

"The Little Mermaid." I answer. Phil gets up and does something. Dan spins me around to face the TV. The Little Mermaid starts playing and when the songs come on I sing.

"Thank you guys for watching, click on my face to subscribe to my channel or click on the beautiful face of Jo to subscribe to her channel. I'll see you guys later."

"You jerk!" I squeal as i bang my fists on his chest. "Delete it!"

"No, never!" He smiles.

"I hate you...." That's all I can say because I'm too small to beat this giant up.

"I love you too." He says. He moves his phone and stops the video. Phil fell asleep on the couch. "Time for bed, Joey." Dan stands up and grabs the back of my thighs to hold me up. I wrap my arms around hus neck and my legs around his waist. He takes me to my room and lays me down.

"Good night, Dan." I say, letting go of him. Dan kisses my forehead.

"Good night, Joey." He whispers. Dan walks out and I lay there. Hours later I'm still awake. I get up and tip toe to Dan's room. The door is ajar ever so slightly. I slide through it.

"Dan?" I whisper. I hear him snoring. I walk over and get on the bed. I lay down and I feel Dan wrap his arms around my waist. He pulled me closer and I fall asleep.

• • •

When I wake up I'm in my own bed. Dan comes in.

"I had to take you back to bed before Phil woke up." He states. "Also Phil told me to take you out to buy things for your room, to decorate."

"But I'm leaving next month." I answer.

"Its for anytime you visit." Dan says, his smile leaving when I told him I was leaving. "Get dressed and lets get out of here."

I get up and he gets out, closing the door. I grab a random shirt which ends up being a black Disney shirt, some cut off shorts with red hems on the sides. I pit my hair in a pony tail, slip on my black Vans, grab my phone and walk out. Phil comes out of his room at the same time. Dan is making pancakes. I sit on the counter next to Dan and Phil sits in the living room.

"Smells good." I smile. Dan ignores me, he looks so concentrated. "Do you need me to?"

"Psh, no." Dan says. He gives up and hands me the spatula. I finish the pancakes. I put peanut butter and syrup on them and hand them out. When Dan and I are done we head out.

"Bye, Phil!" We call as we go through the door

We go to a store that sells paint and room decor. I run to the kids section.

"Jo! Jo, where you going?" Dan calls to me. I find what I want. An Ariel sticker. I run over to Dan and squeal. "Okay, let's go get some paint."

"Let's get small bottles. I'll paint whatever I want." I say. Dan nods. We have two bags, one is full of paint the other one has a sticker, more paint, and paint brushes. "Home!"