𝟐𝟐. 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬.

before ya read !

❦ a/n: okay so guys, a few changes have been made casting wise

❦ a/n: okay so guys, a few changes have been made casting wise. In case you didn't know, so far James Anderson, Imani's manager, has been portrayed by Robert Downy Jr, but it is now a thing of the past! I feel like James hasn't really been given a distinct personality but this recast will help me fix that problem. James will now be portrayed by Robert De Niro, and RDJ will return in the casting but as someone else. Stick with me y'all! *pleading emote*.

Anyways, if it feels like James suddenly has a personality of his own, I'm sorry! Just trying to fix certain aspects of the story I feel were lackluster. That being said, enjoy this chapter girlie pops!

❛ I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grey. ❜

SHERMAN OAKS

SHERMAN OAKS . LOS ANGELES
FEBRUARY 2nd . 1988

𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐔𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐃𝐘 she had taped in the middle of the night, Imani flipped her long braided ponytail behind her back, then grabbed a set of black leg warmers that she pulled over her baby pink leggings. After zipping up her black puffer jacket, she made her way out of the room, a pair of Reeboks hanging down the crook of her fingers. She lightly jogged down the stairs, Skipper following behind after hearing the kiss she sent his way, and picked up the sound of the television playing in the main living area.

The abode was coming together all right, thanks to the brand new furnitures, artworks and plants embellishing the walls and floors weekly.

It has been about two weeks since Michael departed California for Florida, and being estranged fiancés wasn't the most satisfying way to experience life as a newly engaged couple-but they both had to learn how to live with it. They had no other option but to.

It must be easier for you, Imani had told Michael on the phone. He didn't wear a ring, so he didn't have someone in his entourage to whom he had to explain its provenance every single day-a reminder that his partner wasn't there. Imani had it.