WRONG PLACE RIGHT TIME

FLASHBACK

The sound of loud speakers were bursting through the hall. The groom and bride were at the centre of the hall, surrounded by family, friends and well wishers.

A girl of about 18 years was taking pictures with the bride. From the way she was smiling with immense joy, you could tell how happy she was.

She took lots and lots of pictures and videos until she was tired. She exited the hall, leaving the noise behind.

She needed a breather, so she went outside for fresh air. The noise was becoming too much.
Lost thoughts, she didn't notice the car that parked opposite her.

A man who looks about 27-29 years, came down from the car. He seemed like he was also attending the wedding.

He was attending his childhood friend's wedding and he was supposed to be with the groomsmen.

There was no sign of the groom or his friends. He checked his watch and it was already time.

He noticed a girl standing by the entrance so he assumed she might be part of the bridesmaid.

He walked up to her "Assalam Alaikum" he said, but it was like she didn't hear him.

"Assalam Alaikum" he repeated this time gaining her attention.

"Waalaikumul Salam" she answered his taslim.

"an fara event in?" he asked going straight to the point.

"eh an fara "

nayi latey he mumbled to himself but she heard

"kayi latey sosai mah" they couldn't help but both laugh at the statement.
"Tohh bari in shiga ciki" with that she went inside the hall.

He followed her into the hall and found a place to sit, but he still couldn't find the groom or even his friends.

He went to where she was and asked her "please which wedding is this"

She looked at him as if he growed to heads.

"Please which wedding" he asked again

She was about to give him an answer but then the vibration of his phone cut her off.

He picked the call."ina kake" the person on the line asked immediately he picked.

"Ina cikin hall in" he answered.

"wani Hall"

"Ina zuwa bana jin Ka " he said and stepped outside.

"broh I think you are at the wrong event centre, sabida yanxu ma muna waje muna ta jiran Ka"

That was when he realised he was at the wrong place at the right time. He rushed into the hall and told the lady about it.

"Turns out I'm at the wrong venue" he said

"Ohhhh" she replied laughing

"Bye, I have to head out" he said and left.

A WEEK LATER

There was a long cue, everyone was waiting for their orders. A lady was called to come and collect her order, so she stood up and went.

"You" a man said from behind

She turned around "You" she remembered what happened and it made her laugh.

He laughed along with her "did you go to the right venue" she asked after the laughter died down.

"Yes I did but I was late. I got an earful from the guys" he said

She giggled at his reply, then picked her order and walked away from the que.

He followed her "I didn't get your name" he asked

"Hafsat, yours" she said simply.

"Yusuf"he answered.
"Umm.."he rubbed the back of his head "can I get your number"

She was hesitant before she gave him her number and left.

Ummi was in her room arranging her wardrobe, when a message popped in, she picked her phone up from her side drawer and unlocked her phone.

She opened the message:

Anonymous: hey

Her: hi

Anonymous: how are you doing

Her: fine, please who is this

Anonymous: Anonymous

Her: hahahaha, very funny.

Anonymous: I'm serious

Her: ohh no I'm scared.

Anonymous: jokes apart, it's Yusuf.

Her: I knew I was just messing with you, you name is written clearly on your profile.

Their conversation went on for hours, it felt as if they knew each other for years. It was getting late so they had to call a day.

PRESENTLY

Zainab barged in "Anty Ummi, Anty Ummi" she said panting, probably because she just ran.

"mai ya faru" Ummi asked with concern

"sako aka kawo miki" Zainab said placing the box on the bed.

Ummi shook her head "shiyasa kike so ki tada mun da hankali" she asked

"Ki bude" she said

"in bude mai, ke aka kawo ma sakon" she asked pointing at the box
"ba akwai abun da kike yi a ciki bah"

"Tohh" Zainab replied exiting the room.

She moved closer to the box and picked it up trying to studying the content. She opened the pink box which had a note which says, Happy birthday. Yes it's her birthday.
She had totally forgot about her birthday.

"Anty Ummi ga wannan" Zainab said coming in with a cake and handed it over to Ummi.

Seeing all these only one person came to her mind Yusuf . She carried her phone from her bedside drawer and entered her call log.

She dialed his number but it didn't go through, so she sent him a message thanking him.

Few minutes later he replied with 'Always welcome '

Thank you for reading.